Street tires at the Shootout...

I believe thats when I told you to drive around the water box:p Shoulda told you after we raced since you almost inched me out.

Actually the 2.02 was my final time trial run in the morning. When I raced you I cut a 2.03 60-foot though, so that's still not bad for street tires...I guess.

I'm just curious to see if anyone ran a 1.9x on street tires.

I think Dan (old coot) did in the silver SC in Bracket. Not sure how far in the 1.9X he was.

It was just a 1.98 so not too deep at all but I will try to do better next year:).............Dan

It was just a 1.98 so not too deep at all but I will try to do better next year:).............Dan

With those tall tires I'll bet you lowered the air until they became wrinkle walls. :)

I got a few very low 2.0x on my 17" nitto's.

I've just been curious as to whether anyone had done it. Last year I ran a 2.09 and ran several 2.0x runs this year, and naturally a 1.99 sounds way, way faster than a 2.02, so I was hoping it was possible.

Also, the CTS-V seems to hover in the 2.0x range on street tires, so I was wondering exactly how fast an IRS on street tires can expect to launch. Are GTOs or IRS Cobras any quicker out of the hole on street tires?

I've pulled 1.85's-1.90 on mine many times. I know Driller was there for a couple of those passes but not sure if Blown38 was or not.

But mine's not a SC, its a V8! Those were also on the Motor, no juice. BTW, those tires are my street tires which are BFGoodrich TA Radials not Drags!

I pulled about 6 1.90's on my et streets. None of my runs were over 1.98 I think and that was spinning. Of course it is a v8 with a little less power than a SC, allot more gear and stall.
Alan

I pulled about 6 1.90's on my et streets. None of my runs were over 1.98 I think and that was spinning. Of course it is a v8 with a little less power than a SC, allot more gear and stall.
Alan

Dude, STREET tire. Radial tires with a UTQG rating of over 100. I pulled 1.690's on my ET Streets but that isn't what the question is.

Steve pulled some amazing times on street tires with his. I think perhaps the secret with the V8's might have at least somewhat to do with the reduced torque combined with high stall converters. On an SC with a torque peak at 2600rpm you can't run a high stall converter unless you just want to blow the tires away.

Dude, STREET tire. Radial tires with a UTQG rating of over 100. I pulled 1.690's on my ET Streets but that isn't what the question is.

Steve pulled some amazing times on street tires with his. I think perhaps the secret with the V8's might have at least somewhat to do with the reduced torque combined with high stall converters. On an SC with a torque peak at 2600rpm you can't run a high stall converter unless you just want to blow the tires away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are talking Drag radials on mine its gone 1.81-1.85's. on the motor. Those are on my 13.2-13.3 passes. I think my TQ peak last time I had it dynod on the motor was 308 Ft lbs @ 3200 RPM on the motor. I'd have to check that to make sure. On the juice its pulled 1.57-1.60's 60 fts on slicks.

I know blown38 has pulled some pretty good street tire 60's too if I remember correctly. Couple at Mason Dixon and couple at MIR. Dave is right though, hitting street tires with a lot of low end torque isn't necessarily conducive to great 60' times.

Last edited:
Casual street tires such as:

hk_z212(v_rs2)_r%20(300).jpg

Another question: to those who have gone sub-2.0 on REAL street tires, how many of you did so in a 5-speed?

my best 60' on 275 40 17 BFG KD's was a 1.957 in an auto with mark 8 converter at about 4k race weight. Had a slight bit of wheel hop. It launched soft back then.

Back