Fluttering Speedo

Young-SC-Owner

As stated, in my 89 the speedo has begun to flutter when im stopped it will bounce all around and even rack up miles!!!:confused::confused::eek:

So, Ive been having a problem with my fuel gauge and decided to change out Anti-Slosh module due to my gauge moving around..Thats when I noticed whenever my speedo jumps around my fuel gauge moves SLIGHTLY up towards F then back down...

Any ideas fellas, been trying to chase this forever:(

Thanks,
Tony

I'd be looking at the main board that holds all the guages - cracks, cold-solder joints, corrosion, busted connectors/leads, etc. Do you happen to have a spare cluster to try?

I'd be looking at the main board that holds all the guages - cracks, cold-solder joints, corrosion, busted connectors/leads, etc. Do you happen to have a spare cluster to try?

No spare cluster, it just does it when sitting still, if i start moving it works normal, and is accurate

>it just does it when sitting still

In that case, I'd be looking at the source/sender.

Auto or manual?

Try the tailshaft, driver's side...

But you know, when multiple devices start acting up, the culprit is frequently bad grounds.

Cruise control equipped...?

In the case of the SC, know that there are medium sized additional ground leads at the passenger side, front, that lead from near the motor mount, over to the body (see photo), one from the passenger side hood hinge to the hood and of course the grounds at/near the battery. There are also ground-clusters that sit on the front of the header panel, just behind each headlight. Not to mention several additional smaller grounds throughout the body.

One way to approach troubleshooting grounds is to add your own for testing. I'd start by patching in a temporary ground lead between the gauge cluster, and the battery negative terminal. Don't try this unless you feel comfortable with the process :)

attachment.php

Last edited:
Yes, CC Equpt

Oh im comfortable, ill be working on the planes you fly in, in about 6 months:D

And I just needed a starting point, Thanks KMT:cool:

-Tony

Back