• Get more vibration, I got an automatic

2 6.67%
  • Get more vibration, I got a 5 speed

5 16.67%
  • Really notice more vibration it when I'm on the highway above 65mph

4 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solid Rubber Motor Mounts How's your engine vibration?

I second Damon, I got a set of Chucks custon mounts and they are awesome. Some guy's here, actually quite a few just do awesome work.

Stephen

Latitude: 41.909147 Longitude: -72.450263
    Just to clarify, I installed the OEM solid motor mounts replacements. I got them from SCP along with replacement tranny mounts and bushings. The passenger side was totally shot (see pics). I did the tranny mounts and bushings as well because they were worn out. I’m guessing the heat and being in Florida took its toll on them. I also did the BJH balancer at that time too. Sort of makes we wonder if it was slightly out of concentric.

If I'm lucky I won't have to do THAT again as it was a chore! About three years ago I had them done on my 90 the time the tranny was rebuilt becaue the driver's side was split. So much easier when the car's up on a lift and SOMEONE ELSE does it.

One of the new ones is also in the pics below.

Don't crash into a tree just to avoid a skunk!

Well I certainly did miss the part where you were asking about solid rubber motor mounts. I thought you were talking about solid motor mounts (meaning steel). So no, there is no real difference with solid rubber motor mounts other than longevity compared to the stock units. Thats what I get for reading to fast. LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCTbird View Post
    Well I certainly did miss the part where you were asking about solid rubber motor mounts. I thought you were talking about solid motor mounts (meaning steel). So no, there is no real difference with solid rubber motor mounts other than longevity compared to the stock units. Thats what I get for reading to fast. LOL!!!
    see post #1 (Solid Rubber Motor mounts)

Quote Originally Posted by rickbtbird View Post
    Just to clarify, I installed the OEM solid motor mounts replacements. I got them from SCP along with replacement tranny mounts and bushings. The passenger side was totally shot (see pics). I did the tranny mounts and bushings as well because they were worn out. Iím guessing the heat and being in Florida took its toll on them. I also did the BJH balancer at that time too. Sort of makes we wonder if it was slightly out of concentric.

If I'm lucky I won't have to do THAT again as it was a chore! About three years ago I had them done on my 90 the time the tranny was rebuilt becaue the driver's side was split. So much easier when the car's up on a lift and SOMEONE ELSE does it.

One of the new ones is also in the pics below.
    That new mount in the picture doesn't look anything like the steel cased solid rubber mounts I got from SCP...when did you buy them ?

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    That new mount in the picture doesn't look anything like the steel cased solid rubber mounts I got from SCP...when did you buy them ?

David
    Geese, I can see from his site what you mean. I got them the summer of 2006 along with some exhaust parts and the balancer and a few odds and ends. I had to send one of the exhaust pices back because it wasn't right. I see the case around the mount in the picture. Mine didn't have that. Geese.
    Last edited by rickbtbird; 10-14-2008 at 08:25 PM.