New best

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
Went to Gateway tonight to try for a new best. The rain held off, but the temps didn't drop as low as expected (only 73°F).

Here are the details:
1st Run: 1.757, 7.721@89.59, 12.026@114.38 (couldn't hook, but burnout could have been better)
2nd Run: 1.635 (best 60' ever), 7.594@90.38 (best 1/8 mph ever), and drumroll please....11.928@113.78
I had traction issues on the 3rd and 4th runs and couldn't run another 11. I think it might be time to replace my 9 year old ET Streets.

Way to go Kurt!!

So let's see now, Kevin, David, Payton, Brian, Chris and now you. Still a pretty select club :cool:

Ira :D

Last edited:
congrats! I also ran a new personal best

Thanks for stopping and talking to me....SCU will have an e-mail today....I need more power :rolleyes:

I forgot to add that I need to thank David Neibert for loaning me his front Bogarts and for coming out last night for moral support.

Alrighty then, I updated my signature. I was hoping to beat your 11.85 ;)

Now your talkin', welcome to the club....your 1.635 60' is better than anything I've done yet. Look I better get back to the track and see if I can lower the bar a little.

Now your talkin', welcome to the club....your 1.635 60' is better than anything I've done yet. Look I better get back to the track and see if I can lower the bar a little.
I was pretty shocked by the 1.635 60' time. Have you done any weight reduction to your car?

I forgot to add that I need to thank David Neibert for loaning me his front Bogarts and for coming out last night for moral support.

Kurt,

You are welcome, I'm always happy to help another SC guy go quicker. Congrats on breaking into the 11s. With a little better weather and some sticky tires, I think the car will run 11.7s.

David

PS: I remember way back in 2000 when you first invited me to the track to see how quick my car really was after doing a bunch of mods...you ran a 14.0 and I ran a 15.0 :rolleyes: Things sure have changed.

Have you done any weight reduction to your car?

Nothing that involved any cutting but where I could use aluminum parts I've done so. I've also removed all unused stuff (Sterio, ARC, Speakers, A/C etc) and I think I've pulled most of the padding out from under the carpet.

Nothing that involved any cutting but where I could use aluminum parts I've done so. I've also removed all unused stuff (Sterio, ARC, Speakers, A/C etc) and I think I've pulled most of the padding out from under the carpet.
Well, looks like I may have a winter project...weight reduction. I won't be giving up my tunes though. :)

Congrats Kurt....looks like those 5 or so steps you been taking backward over the years paid off with about 6 or 7 forward!

Back