Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: anyone in the York PA area, or know of anyone?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    523

    Unhappy anyone in the York PA area, or know of anyone?

    I need to get my car freaking worked on - I wouldn't mind even throwing some $$$ to someone willing to come down here sometime... This is my list in no particular order of preferance because there is just too much to decide where to begin!

    both windows broken (one the plastic pieces in the window wont stay in the regulator even after using plastic weld, the other just needs the stupid plastic gear in)

    sunroof leakes/rattles (I guess I just need a new one of these?)

    climate contorl on the fritz

    car needs painted! (open to anyone who knows of a good place in the York, PA area - along with bodywork - like the spoiler)

    wheels need re-chromed (just have the rims sitting around, I would like to make use of them, and get tires)

    Pieces I want put on my car that are sitting in my garage:
    BBK 70mm TB, C&L MAF (should I put this on people say its junk???), steel tensioner pulleys, double IC, raised top, 3.55 gears

    ....I know - I should be beaten for having all these parts just sitting around not on the car, but I get overwhelmed with things and have no one to help and some things I cannot do myself and I get pissed and end up doing nothing. For example - I don't even have a speedometer in my car - all the other guages are white - the last 2 speedos broke when trying to remove the needle, I have one now, but am scared to take it off and the wheel size is wrong anyways, so I am waiting to get the new wheels tires on can 3.55's so the speedo will be calibrated... none of my friends know how to work on cars because they are stupid and could care less... POOP. lol

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hamilton NJ
    Posts
    2,128

    Where abouts

    Whats near York, PA? I might be able to get the wheels re-chromed and new tires put on any size you want-mounted and balanced!

    TB-MAF no problem, what size maf and do you have the right sample tube?

    Tom
    Tom Downs-member#2752
    MPX'd 90 SC Auto~bought Feb. 2012
    RIP MOM!!! I will always miss and think about you 4Ever! 1940-2018
    RIP Rexy boy!!!! Miss my dog 2006-2018
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=424

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hamilton NJ
    Posts
    2,128

    Just checked

    Your down past Lancaster about 2hr drive.

    Tom
    Tom Downs-member#2752
    MPX'd 90 SC Auto~bought Feb. 2012
    RIP MOM!!! I will always miss and think about you 4Ever! 1940-2018
    RIP Rexy boy!!!! Miss my dog 2006-2018
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=424

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NE PA
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacondoggy View Post
    sunroof leakes/rattles (I guess I just need a new one of these?)
    Have you replaced the seal?

    Mike

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tioga Pa
    Posts
    211
    well if your willing to compinsae for my drive down i could help ya out. I know my sc needs work too but im hung up on money right now being layed off in all. So i have nothing but free time. I Live in Tioga PA near the NY border. But i know i could help ya out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern (nee Western) PA
    Posts
    4,993
    I am going to try to give helpful advice. I wish I could help you out, as I am not too far, but I am short on time to handle even my own issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacondoggy View Post
    both windows broken (one the plastic pieces in the window wont stay in the regulator even after using plastic weld, the other just needs the stupid plastic gear in)
    I am not totally sure what you mean here. If your window keeps coming out of the clips, then the best thing you can do is to take it to a body or glass shop. I disassembled everything myself, took it over there, and had them glue it in with their special 2-part 3M epoxy or whatever. It is the only thing that worked long-term, and I tried many, many things.

    The gear plugs in the regulator are not too hard to change. You can do that yourself for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacondoggy View Post
    sunroof leakes/rattles (I guess I just need a new one of these?)
    Probably just a new seal. Some of the rattles come from worn-out springs that keep the wind deflector (little metal spoiler-like thing) in place. Some others are mysterious and may not be easy to correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacondoggy View Post
    climate contorl on the fritz
    That's a pretty complicated system. I think it may be able to give you trouble codes through the display? Try searching for info on here and TCCoA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacondoggy View Post
    car needs painted! (open to anyone who knows of a good place in the York, PA area - along with bodywork - like the spoiler)
    Now that could be expensive. My brother-in-law said there is a pretty good place called Jack's that is reasonably priced. I think it might be in Ephrata?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacondoggy View Post
    wheels need re-chromed (just have the rims sitting around, I would like to make use of them, and get tires)
    Hmm, I dunno.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacondoggy View Post
    Pieces I want put on my car that are sitting in my garage:
    BBK 70mm TB, C&L MAF (should I put this on people say its junk???), steel tensioner pulleys, double IC, raised top, 3.55 gears

    ....I know - I should be beaten for having all these parts just sitting around not on the car, but I get overwhelmed with things and have no one to help and some things I cannot do myself and I get pissed and end up doing nothing.
    Don't worry about it. I have plenty of those myself. I have gotten some of my mods completed, which is great. But you have to pace yourself. I think you should fix the nagging issues before you modify. You will enjoy the car more immediately once those things are fixed. Then you can get those mods done without the other worries on your mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacondoggy View Post
    For example - I don't even have a speedometer in my car - all the other guages are white - the last 2 speedos broke when trying to remove the needle, I have one now, but am scared to take it off and the wheel size is wrong anyways, so I am waiting to get the new wheels tires on can 3.55's so the speedo will be calibrated... none of my friends know how to work on cars because they are stupid and could care less... POOP. lol
    That is tricky. Maybe you need a better tool for it. I mean, it's hard to pull straight up on those needles.
    Last edited by S_Mazza; 10-20-2008 at 12:09 PM.
    God bless!!!

    Former Birds:
    1990 SC auto ... red outside, gray cloth inside ... ~225,000 miles ... Sold.
    1990 SC auto ... white outside, gray cloth inside ... ~150,000 miles ... wrecked.
    1989 Base auto ... Crystal Blue metallic outside, dark blue inside ... ~160,000 miles ... Sold.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone From Upstate New York/Albany Area?
    By NY90RedSC in forum Super Coupe Club of Greater New York
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 07:43 AM
  2. Carfax Pleasee
    By Miller in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 01:03 AM
  3. any sc'ers in the York, Pa area?
    By Bacondoggy in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 03:57 PM
  4. Big MN12 Meet PA/NJ area
    By Psuedo SC in forum SCCoA Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 04:25 PM
  5. Anyone from the Cambridge area?
    By Ryan A Harris in forum Super Coupe Club of Ontario
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •