A cool story about 2 local 35th Anny’s

Evan_90SC

This thread has no real purpose… it is just a story about a couple 35th anniversary editions that are in my area that I though is pretty cool, and I thought it’d be worth sharing.

My friend’s dad owns a well known auto wrecking yard in the area, and it is a family owned business because his grandpa owned it before his dad. They get in mostly new cars and they usually don’t get in any cars older than 1998 or so, so there aren’t ever any SCs there. I was talking to my friend one day about SCs and he told me his dad had a couple in a storage room at their yard. And he told me they each had less than 1000 original miles on them :eek:… I didn’t know whether to believe him or not.

So today, (about 9 months after he told me this), I was at the yard and was talking to his dad and remembered to ask him about the SCs. The story is that his dad, (my friend’s grandpa), bought him and his brother both 35th anny’s brand new in 1990, and bought them specifically to be stored as collectors items. My friend’s dad got a 5spd, and his uncle got an auto. His dad’s has 400 original miles on it, and his uncle’s has around 700. The uncle’s 35th is located at his house, but his dad’s is at the yard so I asked him if I could see it. He took me into the back room and let me take a look. I didn’t really get to see much of it because it is kept jammed in the back corner of this room with another car next to it, so I didn’t get a good look of the inside because it would have taken some work to get the doors open, but he pulled the cover off for me and I got to see the outside. It was beautiful… definitely the nicest SC I’ve ever seen. And I can only imagine what it looked like under the hood… I wish I coulda seen it. :rolleyes: He said they start it up frequently to keep the fluids good. It’s also got all the original paper work in it, and it has never been licensed. We also got to talking about them possibly being worth something one day, and he said his brother had turned down a $35,000 offer for his once.

So now you know that there are at least 2 out of the 3,371 or so of them that will for sure never see the road, and will forever be collector’s items. I just found it pretty neat that these were right under my nose for all these years and I never knew about them.
Sorry this was kinda long, but I hope you enjoyed it. :)

-Evan

AWESOME!!!!!!!! Much thanks for sharing the story with us. Yeah, Tell your friends dad if he would let you take some pictures so that we can drool some more.. :p
Thanks...

Yeah I'm gonna ask him if he ever moves it out. Where it's sitting right now there is no way I could get any decent pictures, there is just too much stuff around it, and its in a dark room. But he says they start it up often, so I'm thinkin that maybe they move it when they do that. If so, that's when I'd go take some pics.

Cool story

This thread has no real purpose… it is just a story about a couple 35th anniversary editions that are in my area that I though is pretty cool, and I thought it’d be worth sharing.

My friend’s dad owns a well known auto wrecking yard in the area, and it is a family owned business because his grandpa owned it before his dad. They get in mostly new cars and they usually don’t get in any cars older than 1998 or so, so there aren’t ever any SCs there. I was talking to my friend one day about SCs and he told me his dad had a couple in a storage room at their yard. And he told me they each had less than 1000 original miles on them :eek:… I didn’t know whether to believe him or not.

So today, (about 9 months after he told me this), I was at the yard and was talking to his dad and remembered to ask him about the SCs. The story is that his dad, (my friend’s grandpa), bought him and his brother both 35th anny’s brand new in 1990, and bought them specifically to be stored as collectors items. My friend’s dad got a 5spd, and his uncle got an auto. His dad’s has 400 original miles on it, and his uncle’s has around 700. The uncle’s 35th is located at his house, but his dad’s is at the yard so I asked him if I could see it. He took me into the back room and let me take a look. I didn’t really get to see much of it because it is kept jammed in the back corner of this room with another car next to it, so I didn’t get a good look of the inside because it would have taken some work to get the doors open, but he pulled the cover off for me and I got to see the outside. It was beautiful… definitely the nicest SC I’ve ever seen. And I can only imagine what it looked like under the hood… I wish I coulda seen it. :rolleyes: He said they start it up frequently to keep the fluids good. It’s also got all the original paper work in it, and it has never been licensed. We also got to talking about them possibly being worth something one day, and he said his brother had turned down a $35,000 offer for his once.

So now you know that there are at least 2 out of the 3,371 or so of them that will for sure never see the road, and will forever be collector’s items. I just found it pretty neat that these were right under my nose for all these years and I never knew about them.
Sorry this was kinda long, but I hope you enjoyed it. :)

-Evan

Thanks I enjoyed it

Last edited:
It's nice and all, but IMO that is the best way to kill a car. I would rather see one that has been driven maybe 500 miles a year, just to keep stuff like the brakes working. Would love to see pics of it.

It's nice and all, but IMO that is the best way to kill a car. I would rather see one that has been driven maybe 500 miles a year, just to keep stuff like the brakes working. Would love to see pics of it.

yup, a car just sitting there doing nothing.... very hard on the car.

but like said its a cool find, but I doubt they are worth 35K but who knows.

Back