Hertford Drag strip friday 24 Oct

Roadhawg

I will be heading down to the 1/8 mile at Hertford NC on Friday the 24th of Oct. for test and tune.
My brother will be going down with his 96 Mustang Gt, which has a PI swap and some new bolt-ons.
I also picked up some 275/40 R17 Mickey Thompson drag radials, which I plan put to the test.
My wife and teenage daughters will becoming with for support and picture taking.

Count me in. Where did you get the tires from?
I got them off of Craig's list. I am going to throw them on a set of Cobra R's,
which a friend has laying around. I may bug you to borrow the skinnies.

+2 What time are you heading out??

I have not yet decided.
It takes about 40 minutes to get there from my house in Chesapeake.
Gates open 6:00 P.M. Test & Tune from 7-10 P.M.

I guess you'll need the spacers also with the skinnies, I can just remove them and bring everything to your house. I guess you can use your lug nuts off of your rims.

I guess you'll need the spacers also with the skinnies, I can just remove them and bring everything to your house. I guess you can use your lug nuts off of your rims.

I was thinking of pulling off the 1/4 hub centric Maximum Motorsports spacers off the back of my wife's T-bird.

:confused:.......Can't get the black '94 running right so I e-mailed Dave D. and told him what it was doing and he said it sounded like the injector values were screwed up so I'm gonna send the chip back to get re-flashed as he suggested, just another delay...............what's new...............:rolleyes:

Todd, do you want to put on the skinnies at your house or the track? Either way what time do you want to meet at your house?

Last edited:
+2 What time are you heading out??

I'm thinking about heading out from my house around 5:30

Dave you going to play on the Dragstrip?

The cost for car/driver for test and tune is $25, and $10 for spectators.

Todd, do you want to put on the skinnies at your house or the track? Either way what time do you want to meet at your house?
I'm thinking around 5:00
I may stop by your house before Friday and pick them up.
That way I can see how the feel and if I want to drive down to the track with them.

Last edited:
I may, we'll see. If its ok Keith, I will meet you at your house around 4:30 or so and follow you to Todd's. Anyone else attending. Z?? you out there??

Last edited:
Which reminds me, this is of topic though. I was driving down North Hampton Blvd this afternoon in my truck, pulling my enclosed trailer. I changed lanes and apparently cut off a guy. I didnt see him, I did look. For what its worth he was darting in and out of lanes, but anyways...it may have been my fault. Dude is driving a 1991-93 lincoln towncar and he is freaking pissed that I cut him off. I stop at the next light and he pulls up and asks me what my problem was. I simply said "I didnt see you". He starts cursing and threatning me, which I found humorous. Light turned green and I yelled at him as I raised my cell phone "Yo, your grandma just called. She wants her car back" He flipped me off and continues speeding and swerving down N hampton....

Last edited:
Well, my goal is to beat my best time from the last time we went down there, 9.49............Damn that sucks................:rolleyes:

Just got home. Had a great time. Now I need to figure out whats wrong with the car. Has a loud squeeking noise that is consistant with engine rpm's. Only does it below about 1800 rpm's. Throw it up in nuetral and it goes away until the rpm's settle. Its either the blower or the HB i'd say, without looking at it...

Back