Will a 94-95 Rear Bumper cover fit on my 89?

frdlvr30

Something I was wondering while I was following Keith to the track the other night? I personally think the rear bumper covers in the 1994-95 Sc's look better. They also don't suffer the dreaded tabs on the lower busting and causing the cover to flap in the wind...They should fit and look correct, right? The rear of the car is the same sheetmetal wise...just the decklid and lights that are different....

The bumper will fit but the the black moulding that extends down the side and incorporates into the front and rear bumpers will be missing. I personnely like the 94/95 bumper better but good luck finding one.

The tabs can be fixed if that's what your worrying about.

The bumper will fit but the the black moulding that extends down the side and incorporates into the front and rear bumpers will be missing. I personnely like the 94/95 bumper better but good luck finding one.

The tabs can be fixed if that's what your worrying about.
That is what im worried about. I noticed that mine keeps getting worse and worse...

That is what im worried about. I noticed that mine keeps getting worse and worse...

A couple of tabs are broke on the 89 and I was gonna rivet some small pieces of sheet metal on the inside of the bumper but the rivet heads would be on the outside. You could probably glue the same sheet metal pieces on the inside to eliminate seeing the heads. By the way I ordered another valve body gasket to try it one more time like you suggested, it's worth a try for a couple of dollars........:rolleyes:

A couple of tabs are broke on the 89 and I was gonna rivet some small pieces of sheet metal on the inside of the bumper but the rivet heads would be on the outside. You could probably glue the same sheet metal pieces on the inside to eliminate seeing the heads. By the way I ordered another valve body gasket to try it one more time like you suggested, it's worth a try for a couple of dollars........:rolleyes:

I'd like you to show me what your talking about riveting the next time im over. Im not really worried about rivet heads showing, as long as the lower valance on the cover isnt flapping around. Couldnt hurt to try another gasket. Those are not reusable...Just seems wierd how it lost the top two gear just like the other tranny....

I'd like you to show me what your talking about riveting the next time im over. Im not really worried about rivet heads showing, as long as the lower valance on the cover isnt flapping around. Couldnt hurt to try another gasket. Those are not reusable...Just seems wierd how it lost the top two gear just like the other tranny....

When I bought the opal frost '94 it had a 2" crack in the lower middle of the rear bumper and I riveted it like I described, you can't notice it unless you right on top of it.

When I bought the opal frost '94 it had a 2" crack in the lower middle of the rear bumper and I riveted it like I described, you can't notice it unless you right on top of it.

Your right, I stared at it all the way to Hertford and never noticed...

The 1993 is the one that really needs a rear bumper. As soon as I get the engine in that thing its going to Isle of Wight for a paint job and new moldings. Gonna get the wheels powder coated too...

The 1993 is the one that really needs a rear bumper. As soon as I get the engine in that thing its going to Isle of Wight for a paint job and new moldings. Gonna get the wheels powder coated too...

Someone you know, that does a good job at a reasonable price?

Actually, Eddie doesn't have anywhere to do side jobs at the moment. Jody McCormick is going to paint it for me instead. Eddie is in the mist of opening up a motorcycle collision repair shop. They have already purchased a lot of the equipment, including paint booths. He said they will be painting vehicles as well though. So, that could change. As far as the powder coating, My mother is CFO for Bay Mech, who has a huge powercoating division. She recently told me that if I needed anything done that she could get it done for little to nothing. So, I figure I'd give it a shot...

To answer your question Todd...Yes he does good work, however Jody's business is buying wrecked vehicles at auction, fixing and selling them. He's not a retail paint shop, so to speak. We just help each other out. Whenever he has mechanical problems with vehicles hes bought at auction, He calls me and I usually go out and figure it out for him, or atleast steer him in the right direction...So, it's more of a favor kind of thing. I'm sure Eddie will hook you up if your willing to give him a little while to get up and going though. I do know someone else on this side of the water though if you can't wait. Tony Pardo does excellent work. He's the Head of the Paint Shop/Painter for Bay Chevrolet. Him and I go pretty far back as well. He is more expensive, but The quality is top notch...

Eddie did some paint work on my old red '95. He also wet sanded & buffed my black SC, & put the gloss on it that it has now. I recommend him highly. That is if you can ever get him to return your call! Mike Maddox at MiCar in Chesapeake is also top notch, but he's pricey.

To answer your question Todd...Yes he does good work, however Jody's business is buying wrecked vehicles at auction, fixing and selling them. He's not a retail paint shop, so to speak. We just help each other out.

Hook a brother up...........

Back