Another New Best thread.

T1Bird

Bunch of us Canucks went to Toronto Motor sports parkway today, was about +5 out, and sunny, drove into a head wind all day. I had 3 goals set this season to beat, and I actually did all 3 today. In may the car made 21 pounds of boost with the meth kit (stock motor), during the season of racing I noticed my boost was going down and down, to which I figured the meth kit was removing the coating on my rotors. At the shootout the car made 17 pounds of boost, but still managed to bust off one pass of a 13.04. I learned that my harmonic balancer was seperated so I replaced that and my brutal vibration at 60mph seemed to go away as, and also I found a boost leak yesterday and fixed it.

So my first goal was to duplicate my 12 second pass from May, my first pass of the day she went:

60ft 1.76
1/8th 8.276@82.71mph
1/4 12.976@104.80

Was pretty stoaked to start off the day like that, my second pass I dropped tire pressure from 17 to 15psi

60ft 1.77
1/8th 8.205@27.24??? lol love head wind.
1/4 12.869@105.46 <--- my 2nd goal, not only did I make a new best, but finally beat Bill Mcneil's record for up here in Canada, stock heads and cam net me 265-270hp, where he put down 370hp.

Let it cool down a bit more and played with tire pressure again.

60 ft 1.754
1/8th 8.192@83.22
1/4 12.867@102.97?? head wind again.. but its now my new best, which netted me my 3rd goal of 3 consistant 12 second passes, on this pass too I saw 22-23 pounds of boost on my autometer guage lol.

Anyways, was a great day, all 4 of us got new bests in our cars, and the guys got to see me lay the smackdown on a new SRT8 challenger with a vortech who thinks 330 foot burnouts net you great times. Well he later ran 11.8 I was told heh.

Cheers,

Bruce

Last edited:
I ran against Bruce on his best run and it was my best run as well, and the amazing part was.... I actually got the jump on him with a faster RT, for all about a second :D, which is telling me Bruce your slowing down :p.

Frit

Bruce you are really pulling some increadible times with your car and are setting the bar very high for everyone, and not just the stock motor guy's.
Heck my pile of bolts can't keep up to you at all now.
Great job.

Drew

Back