A special thanks to Alan at Dirtydog performance

Kevin Leitem

Alan really helped me out with a sponsorship. My torque converter has been going south the last few weeks. Which pretty much killed any chances of running a 9 second pass. Then I got a chance to run with JDM engineering, www.teamjdm.com . They are renting Englishtown raceway in New Jersey this coming Friday. I talked with Jim D'Amore Jr and got and invite to come and race with them, he really wanted to see the car! So i reallly wanted to make a good show for us Thunderbirds and Alan really steped up and is trying his best to get a converter yo me on Wednesday. Even if I don't get the converter in time, I am still very thankful for Alan's help.

Thank again Alan from www.dirtydogperformance.com

No how cool is that!?!!!! Go get'em Kevin. Knock 'em dead!!

And kudos to Alan for stepping up when it mattered!! Now THAT's what this is all about!!

Ira

Last edited:
Big props to Alan. The guy really knows his stuff when it comes to converters. I couldn't be happier with the one he built for me.

Agreed. Alan built the 8.5" converter and transmission in my car and I'm very happy with them. The 3400-3700 stall doesn't run nearly as hot as I thought it would.

unfortunately I did not receive the torque converter in time to run it at JDM's race at Englishtown New Jersey. Alan gave it his best shot in the little time he had. But i will have it for next week :D.

So what, now you can't run 9's?? What the hey??? So there's no point in even going I guess......... :rolleyes:

......edited because now I feel bad about giving Kevin a hard time since they've they canceled the event because of the bad weather!!! :(

Ira

Last edited:
unfortunately I did not receive the torque converter in time to run it at JDM's race at Englishtown New Jersey. Alan gave it his best shot in the little time he had. But i will have it for next week :D.

Kevin,

When is your last chance to make another 1/4 mile run before the season ends ?

David

they cancelled friday's race in NJ, if all goes well,I might get the converter tomorrow, and have it ready for sunday. but the weather does not look good for sunday. They have dates set till end of november.

Back