In search on a SC...

fastsc92

I'll post this in the wanted section as well but I'm asking a favor to all the local guys.

I'm looking for another SC. I'd prefer it to be a 92, a 5-speed, with no sun-roof. I'd like the exterior to be black too, but it's not a must. I don't care what the interior looks like, it can be stained, faded, ripped, doesn't matter. I'd like low miles, around 80k or so if possible.

SO...if you see one, anywhere within a 200 mile drive, let me know. Or if you have more than one or 5 ;) in your collection, and want to sell one, let me know. Thanks for the help!!!

Last edited:
You should fly in and drive it back. I am sure the cops are not going to know the difference in your plates. Have a member check it out for you and take extra pics of it.

looks like my car's unmolested brother.... I sent an email, we'll see what happens. That other car in PA fell through.. This would be a 16 hour drive....

Which SC chapter is located in this region?

Last edited:
I would be pretty sweet if you are able to grab that. The drive is not too bad, ive done it 3 times to ohio. From there is just a couple of miles more :D
If you are able to get it it will allow you to pick the best parts out of both yours and his. And sell the remaining parts. You could make a pretty good penny. I Know Tweed seats go for a premium since they wear so well.

yea it would. Stinks it needs paint, but maybe I can hold off on paint for a year or so, and pick it up for $2000. I might fly out to look at it, then ship it. We shipped a car to CA for my sister and it was $950. I bet shipping a car to NH from that location would be cheaper. Well, at least comparible to driving and paying for gas.

i still say fly in and drive it back. Dont let the guy know you coming from out of state untill you pay for it. I love driving road trips.
The fact that it has original paint allows you to see what you are getting into and creates a great base to work up to. Or just paint the faded areas for now. Looks like that guy took care of it too lots of replacement parts.

I already told him I was from NH. Because I don't know how I'm going to get there, from the airport, ect. I may even bring a truck and trailer out there. Its about 1000 miles, figuring 15mpg... at around 2.50 a gal, thats about $170 each way. I don't think I could find a plan ticket for that cheap and drive it back. Or, I can fly out to see it, and ship it back. I've got a few quotes around $400 to ship it. Either way....I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. We'll have to wait and see if he even responds.

Which SC chapter deals with Indiana?

Well I got an email back from the guy. Turns out that both rocker panels are rotted out and the car was in an accident before where the bumper, both fenders, lights and the hood were replaced. The clearcoat is peeling on the roof, trunk, and quarters.

I think I'll let this one pass. If it was involved in an accident where front end parts were replaced, you can almost garentee that the radiator support is messed up. If the rockers are rotted out, chances are that the damage goes pretty far.

Dang, I thought I found my car....oh well. We'll keep looking I guess.

Sorry to hear. Only had 80k I didnt think it would have rocker rust unless it had a sunroof.

Damn road salt.

I think you might have to expand your search to southern cars. Ill keep an eye out. ;)

got a clean one but...

its an auto not a 5 speed, but its very mint. 39k original miles, no sunroof, and its white. It sold on ebay for $6100 and the deal fell through. Looking to sell asap for $5000 no less. Located in CT
Email: importkilla06489@yahoo.com for pictures and more information

Got a 89 Xr7 5 speed Black/Grey almost finished...........

its an auto not a 5 speed, but its very mint. 39k original miles, no sunroof, and its white. It sold on ebay for $6100 and the deal fell through. Looking to sell asap for $5000 no less. Located in CT
Email: importkilla06489@yahoo.com for pictures and more information

Got a 89 Xr7 5 speed Black/Grey almost finished...........

White's not my color, but I may change my mind. Car collectors would kill me because I'd put a 5-speed in, swap the interior to black and put in an 8-point cage:eek:

Mike has 5 of them....I think he should share the wealth:p;)

Why is everybody always picking on me?:D Ok Jay come on down here and pick one out, but all I have here are a Red 90 automatic Cali car, Blue 95 5spd car from Skip in RI, Blue 94 5spd car from Brian in CT. These are all real clean cars with no rust. Come pick one out.:D

Mike

Dang, I thought I found my car....oh well. We'll keep looking I guess.

A small piece of advice from someone who's been around a little. ;) You have to be very careful where you source a car from if you are looking for something rust free. Any place that gets snow is going to be full of bad juju, particularly around the great lakes and NYC, or anywhere near the ocean. Also be wary of cars that have sat outside all their lives or under trees. And there is nothing like a low mileage car from somewhere like Oklahoma or New Mexico.

It's not only salt and snow that destroys cars, humidity is hard on them too. Cars that sit clean and pretty in areas that have high humidity will rust from the inside out. The problem with a southern car is dry rotted bushings and faded paint/damaged interiors.

Good luck!

A small piece of advice from someone who's been around a little. ;) You have to be very careful where you source a car from if you are looking for something rust free. Any place that gets snow is going to be full of bad juju, particularly around the great lakes and NYC, or anywhere near the ocean. Also be wary of cars that have sat outside all their lives or under trees. And there is nothing like a low mileage car from somewhere like Oklahoma or New Mexico.

It's not only salt and snow that destroys cars, humidity is hard on them too. Cars that sit clean and pretty in areas that have high humidity will rust from the inside out. The problem with a southern car is dry rotted bushings and faded paint/damaged interiors.

Good luck!
You know you're just so damn cheerful and upbeat! ;)

So do they even have aut0m0biles in Albakurkiee yet..... :rolleyes:

Ira :D

Back