Screw charge, Turbo, MPX, S-port. What would you kill for.

What power adder would you buy.

• Total voters
What do you mean? The first part appears to refer to a blow-off valve. Where does the constant whining come from?

I mean I would have to make the decision between using a twin screw blower or a turbo. It would be a tough pick, but I would probably sacrifice the couple horsepower extra that turbos can offer and go with the whine(twin screw) for sure!

I mean I would have to make the decision between using a twin screw blower or a turbo. It would be a tough pick, but I would probably sacrifice the couple horsepower extra that turbos can offer and go with the whine(twin screw) for sure!

Oh, I get it. :) I thought you had your imaginary turbo plumbed wrong. I didn't know you were so noise-conscious.

From what I gather, it is possible to make the blow-off pretty quiet if you plumb it back into the intake in the proper location.

Turbo all the way dude. Honestly the 5 speed with a turbo be much more fun then any of the above...My car cant be making all that much power and its pretty much undrivable due to the amount of power it has..SOunds sily but true. You can at least controll the boost with the turbo easily and even oversize it a bit to cut down on soem low end torque production while not sacrificing top end power..TTUURRBBOOOOOO

Just got back from driving z ol tbird....Seriously. These car swith a 5 speed and any type of power are ridiculous. RIco go turbo...I know you wanna seriously!

serious? you don't know of any? Mark Belush ran 11.1? pretty much full weight.dalke tuned one to 391, i assume i am near 450. i did 370 in 2005 when it ran 11.6 now running 10.4. 7 of the top 10 on the fastest sc list are m90.

your car is the only car making those numbers with an mpx.

Dave,

I still have the factory gears unless they were changed before I got the car. But they dont seem steep. And honestly I dont even know what kind of power the cars making. The car doesnt have much, Just all the typical typical bolt ons along with Kevins L's old cam. I had the 3.27 rear to install but never got there yet.

The car does however felt nowhere as fast before the cam/head/M90S swap ...On that note I can also say a new infiniti g37 has nothing on my car in a straight line even with all its spinning:O).

Normally this is the kind of power you enjoy with a street car. You feel it. The recent cooler dryer weather has made a huge difference on the power level (keep in mind I tuned it). In the end though the car just isnt handeling the power well. All new suspension minus sway bar end links. The switch from the 285's in the rear to 245's has made it completely ridiculous. My car really is though another topic. Not looking to make more power just handle what it has. I have another car in the wngs hopefully debuting next summer with the help of Mr Wagner:O)

With a turbo the power wouldnt be as much a shock to the suspension..It was my plan to go that route but money and breaking of car related items make it non affordable at this time. When you love this car as much as Rico does I'd say a turbo would be a good move for him. I have someone over by me that would do it to if he was really interested as well. I can live vicariously through others:O)

Damon,

Don't get me wrong, because I think turbos are great. But doing a custom kit on an SC is not for the faint of heart and will require a lot of custom fabrication work. Even then there will be bugs to be worked out and that can be a very long and daunting process. It's been over 3 years and I'm still making changes to mine.

That being said I think Ricardo would be much happier with a twin screw blower kit.

David

David,

I think hed be happier with a twin screw then what he has now as well. But I think in the long run a turbo for him would be best. Rico cant leave anything alone anyway..He may get bored with a twin screw:O) And at the end of the day I think hed get bigger numbers with the turbo once sorted out. Just my thoughts

Damon

PS Im sure if there was a twin screw kit ona shelf right now though...It be on his car

I was not really looking for opinions on my set up or future set ups. I was trying to build a database so vendors can see what "potential customers" want.

Ive said it before I dont think my SC will be a true sc in my book, if I turn it into a turbo car. Thats alot to swallow. Dont try to convince me. :p Twincharging would be one way of living with it. I already have a turbo car power production is completely different. PTB is a big problem with the neon, its either all in or not. With the SC PTB is not as bad and allows me to use the pedal in any position I want.

Ricardo: I would think that the twin screw would be what venders should be geared up for. The average guy in this club has struggled since Ive been around here and Im sure before, to make the magical 300 rwhp mark with a M90. Which REQUIRES a ton of bolt ons to boot. Bolt on a twinscrew and with a stock cam and heads you could be there. There are plenty of success stories, at this time, to support the twin screw. As for turbos there arent that many success stories and a whole new problem of tuning them arises. As for the MPX, I have never owned one but to me its not logical for the AVERAGE guy to drive one 25 30 or even 40%, generating all that heat, wear and tear on parts to make HP on cars that most people use as daily drivers. Just my opinion

Ken

I think turbos will take the club to the next level without a doubt. But looking at the votes no alot of people dont want to spend the money on these cars anymore. Twinscrew is on top right now but some of those folks already have that set up so not sure it should be accouted for.

Well from a vendor standpoint I would think a twinscrew or a TVS upgrade without a doubt. Easy to package a universal blower upgrade on our car with minimal investment on thier part. I dont see a vendor offering a supercoupe turbo setup ever.

I honestly never understood why a company like kenne bell couldnt be bothered with offering an upgrade. For him it would be cake to do and costs minimal. I would personally liek a turbo just because its a tad easier on my drivetrain then whats going on now

Ill be teh first in line...Depending on cost of course!

Damon,
Didn't I see a post from Jim D that said someone was coming out with a turbo kit for these vehicle. Was about a year ago though. I realize the source was sketchy, but there was a link he posted about a company in the works of a turbo kit for the MN12. Or am I completely wrong...??

Damon,
Didn't I see a post from Jim D that said someone was coming out with a turbo kit for these vehicle. Was about a year ago though. I realize the source was sketchy, but there was a link he posted about a company in the works of a turbo kit for the MN12. Or am I completely wrong...??

HP in New Mexico was supposed to be making one on Frank Bs car...but after letting his car sit for a year at their shop they decided they didn't want to do it. I think the best prospect for getting a company to build a good turbo kit is B&G Custom Turbo. The guy that owns the company (Brian) has an SC and has already ofered to build a kit. As far as I know, nobody has asked him to build one yet.

David

Back