New Classified Forum Rule?

charged92

I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but maybe we should add a couple rules to posting in the classified forums. Mainly the parts forum.

My suggestion is that if you are posting parts, cars or whatever in the classifieds that you MUST list a price and location. A price plus "OBO" is acceptable provided you sell the item to someone that offers the listed price, no bidding wars. I think this would make things easier for a potential buyer and seller, you wouldn't have wasted posts saying "how much?" or "where are you located?" In my personal opinion "PM, or make me offers to consider" is using the SCCOA as a free Ebay. In the "Cars for Sale" forum rules, this information is required although not always posted in adds.

Other car forums that I frequent use the same protocol and those that post adds and don't follow these simple rules the add gets deleted.

This is just a suggestion that I think might save a lot of time for a seller and or a buyer. Please don't think I am centering anyone out as this is not my intent. I just know that when I see something I'm interested in only to find out it may be way out of my price range or when I see a great deal that ends up having to be shipped from Timbucktwo making it not so good a deal is frustrating sometimes.

What do you think?

Other car forums that I frequent use the same protocol and those that post adds and don't follow these simple rules the add gets deleted.

I think that the people of sccoa need to worry about getting the other parts of the site up to par before they worry about the for sale section. If people want to sell parts or if they are interested in parts they will list a price and location

i can agree with a location, as for prices that should be at the sellers discretion on how he/she wants to list there goods.

i can agree with a location, as for prices that should be at the sellers discretion on how he/she wants to list there goods.

you know what would be great! the location next to the sellers name......so everyone would know where they are.....oh wait they have that now and people fail to keep it up to date :rolleyes:

you know what would be great! the location next to the sellers name......so everyone would know where they are.....oh wait they have that now and people fail to keep it up to date :rolleyes:

Really? So forgive my poor geography skills but where the heck is "Brighton"?

Ira

Ira

Point made city and state would speed up the process . What does it matter I have been a newbie for bout 6 months or so what do I know . :eek:

Brighton, Mesa, Maricopa, AZ 85207
Brighton, Mason, WV 25253
Brighton, Montgomery, MD 20833
Brighton, Seattle, King, WA 98118
Brighton, Adams, CO
Brighton, Tipton, TN
Brighton Township, Brighton, Livingston, MI 48116
Brighton, Polk, MO 65617
Brighton, Lorain, OH 44090
Brighton, Clark, OH 45369

other options

Last edited:
Ira

Ira

I have posted my location in my for sale threads, do to jobs some people keep it a secret.....I've killed people son! we don't play around on the interwebz

Back