heater...hot then cold??

yea,emptied jug,cleaned it all out,actually got 2 new caps,1 pressure release lever,other a regular cap.my pump will be in after 12 oclock,couldnt get a ford one till like tuesday,this one is new,probably made in china,or taiwan,..hey,ive gotten stuff from india befor too,we all know how much they know bout supercoupes in india...we'll see what happens later..thanks for all your help!!

OK ...FINAL RESULTS ARE IN....

after installing the new water pump that was assembled in the US, but parts from like 12 countries,and re-assembly of the other loose ends,i fill her up with the vent open,let her warm up,do the bleeding procedure like 3 times over a few hours,system starts sucking from the jug as it cools,like it should,few times later its at normal level in the jug.then i take it for a spin all is well,then i floor it,alot of pinging..but ran good..then i smell antifreeze.pop the hood and the jug is so full that the cap was off! bubbles everywhere!! go back home[actually my parents,dad built a 30x40 shop over the summmer so all work is done ther now] let it cool,come back out and i have my dad start the car,no bbbles in the over flow,then i tell him to rev it up and wala! bubbles start a flowing as soon as it starts to boost which means the system is pressurized by you know what!! f this car and f all the countless hours ive wasted turning wrenches on this outdated rag...i might fix it though!! i cant help myself,if the heads are fine,new gaskets,studs and i'll be good to go!

>as soon as it starts to boost which means the system is pressurized by you know what!!

Big surprise there! :)

At least you got your hands in shape on the water pump. The next owner will appreciate that...

update...
car has been sitting for over 2 weeks,i was out of town for awhile..looks like around $1400 will fix it,but i need tires,and other odds and ends,i could spend $2500 and fix it totally....might drive it to carmax and dump it off there,i havent decided yet..

Back