need a mechanic

j30167

anybody know a mechanic in Queens or Long Island that knows about the abs system, I have changed the accumulator , the pressure switch and the relay and still have problems, don't want to keep buying parts I don't need. the car is a 92

Wantagh Care Car. (it's an Exxon station)
Wantagh Avenue at Jeruselum Rd; just north of Southern State Pkwy (exit 28N)

516-735-5531. They are not crazy about working on these cars but they know what they're doing and they are honest. Don't know if they will help you but I've never known him to turn away business. Keep in mind that because they won't cheat you and stand behind their work they are very reluctant to install any parts they don't get or used parts that you bring in.

Ira

anybody know a mechanic in Queens or Long Island that knows about the abs system, I have changed the accumulator , the pressure switch and the relay and still have problems, don't want to keep buying parts I don't need. the car is a 92

Doesnt really leave much, other than the pump motor in the Mastercylinder/Hydraulic assembly itself. Sounds like its time for someone to do the 200.00 brake conversion and forget about the Factory ABS system. Do a search for Switching to Conventional brakes. It really is very easy, a few of us around here have done it. I will cost you 100 bucks for them to diagnose it. Let alone what is wrong with it (Hyraulic assembly is 600 reman, 1800-new)

I cannot do the conversion myself and have asked mechanics about doing it none of them want any part of it. no matter witch way I go I still need someone who knows what they are doing, between parts and labor I am into this for 800 , just want to get it over with

Back