Just another day at the track.....

Pretty much the same as last year Mike. Check the sig.

I'm actually hopeful that I will be able to join you folks at Epping one day next spring. Let's see how the schedule plays out.

Ira

Ira, I know I'd love to see your car in person and watch it go down the track. Maybe we can make a little mini-meet at NED.

Ira, I know I'd love to see your car in person and watch it go down the track. Maybe we can make a little mini-meet at NED.

Once the new season starts I am hoping to get up that way. I have a score to settle with Brian! :p :p

Seriously, I am hoping to get a weekend off at some point to come up and run in that nice cool NE air early next year. We have plenty of time to get a schedule together. I haven't met you or Fast92 and it's always fun running with Mike and Brian.

Ira

Once the new season starts I am hoping to get up that way. I have a score to settle with Brian! :p :p

Seriously, I am hoping to get a weekend off at some point to come up and run in that nice cool NE air early next year. We have plenty of time to get a schedule together. I haven't met you or Fast92 and it's always fun running with Mike and Brian.

Ira

So much for not touching my car this winter...........

So much for not touching my car this winter...........

Tell you what. You don't touch yours and I won't touch mine. All things considered they really should be pretty evenly matched. Just keep your kid away from it! :D

Ira

That will definitely be a good run, I've seen Brian's car down the track and it goes like a raped ape. Between yourself, Brian, Jay, and Mike, there would be a bunch of really fast SCs. Hopefully I'll be running as fast as you guys in a couple years.

Tell you what. You don't touch yours and I won't touch mine. All things considered they really should be pretty evenly matched. Just keep your kid away from it! :D

Ira

Don't get too relaxed...I'm cooking up a combo that should give you guys a good run in the 11.50 index class next year :D

David

Don't get too relaxed...I'm cooking up a combo that should give you guys a good run in the 11.50 index class next year :D

David

Are you kidding me!??!!! :eek: You're building from scratch right now and in my mind that already makes you the new monster on the block!! I strongly suspect you are going to far exceed your previous results. I'm not even thinking about keeping up with you next year. I suspect I will have enough trouble keeping up with me!

Ira

Are you kidding me!??!!! :eek: You're building from scratch right now and in my mind that already makes you the new monster on the block!! I strongly suspect you are going to far exceed your previous results. I'm not even thinking about keeping up with you next year. I suspect I will have enough trouble keeping up with me!

Ira

Ira,

It's not gonna go 10s, because the nitrous is gone. If all goes to plan it should be a few tenths quicker than it was before (off the bottle).

David

Ira,

It's not gonna go 10s, because the nitrous is gone. If all goes to plan it should be a few tenths quicker than it was before (off the bottle).

David

I say that is still pretty damn quick. I really look forward to seeing the final results. And fwiw I wasn't including the nitrous. I never do.

Ira

Congrats Ira! That is one awsome run! I wish I knew you were going to E-town, I would have LOVED to see that pass! As I told you in Carlisle... I idolize your car! One day mine will be just like it... :D (when Dave makes me an AR... :rolleyes:)

Oh and I'm in for a all 5 speed track day next season! Damon how dare you say that about our beloved SCs! :D

Nice run Ira! Wish I was there to see the look on your face when you got back to the pits.

We need to line em up next season and see who's got what.;)

So Dave tell me if my math is correct

5 speed car + 450 HP at the wheels + a good driver = 11s

so then if you could tell me what X =s that would be great

auto car + X HP + a good driver = 11s

Took me about 380rwhp with a 3900lb car and driver to go 11.999. The converter has loosened up and now its gettin down there consistently. I can now foot brake it over 2k rpms where the motor starts makin some power.

Nice run Ira! Wish I was there to see the look on your face when you got back to the pits.

We need to line em up next season and see who's got what.;)

Absolutely. It will be great fun! Cecil, next March hopefully. I'm looking forward to it. And here's hoping you get to see that look on my face again ;)

Yea, I will admit to walking around in a bit of a stupor for a while. It didn't hurt either that I had a bunch of Mustang & Lightning guys oohing and aahing over the run. Just made it all the more unbelievable! Really wish a bunch of you guys had been there to share the moment.

Well, to next year then.

Ira

Last edited:
i have a video of a guy, after runnin a 10.40 in his marauder he gets all flustered. its kinda funny. i image thats how you where after that run. ill post it up later.

Back