Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: TVS Blower

TVS Blower

I recently was reading up on this blower. I was wondering if anybody has read the article in regards to a swap they did on a M112? I

All they basically did was swap blowers. The Mustang made 368 rwhp. Nice! Then they tokk off the M112 and put on the TVS and they make like an extra 160 or 190 rwhp. Now thats a bolt on. Seems like Eaton figured something out!

Stephen

MM & FF Article

Rousch Mustang W/ M112

386 rwhp
    360 tq

W/ TVS Blower

546 rwhp Increase of 160 rwhp
    549 tq Increase of 183 tq
    Last edited by superdadsc; 11-23-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superdadsc View Post
    I recently was reading up on this blower. I was wondering if anybody has read the article in regards to a swap they did on a M112? I

All they basically did was swap blowers. The Mustang made 368 rwhp. Nice! Then they tokk off the M112 and put on the TVS and they make like an extra 160 or 190 rwhp. Now thats a bolt on. Seems like Eaton figured something out!

Stephen
    yeah I was reading about a GT500 that had the dealer install the blower and the tune, it ran a blistering 12.1.....what a waste

Was that with the new TVS blower? If they took it to the track with street tires, with that type of torque I would think that ttraction was an issue? Just curious, how much of a gain did you get from a MPX? I would say that those gains from a blower swap are substantial.

Stephen

Was that with the new TVS blower? If they took it to the track with street tires, with that type of torque I would think that ttraction was an issue? Just curious, how much of a gain did you get from a MPX? I would say that those gains from a blower swap are substantial.

Stephen
    first owner made 347 HP with a MPII blower......and went 12.5X

second owner supposedly went 11.9 with an MPX unknown HP

I made 330 HP with a MPX and went 12.2......

I think it was worth it but the real money needs to be in the tune....and a set of tires..

Basically what I was trying to say in regards to traction, tires etc. Your engine is sweet with all of the goodies and is making x amount over a stock blower. What x is I have no clue.

It just seemed to me that those numbers were awesome. A mustang making 546 and 549, thats making 200 more rwhp than your motor and in a car that weighs less, so it stands to reason when they get that power to the ground it will run faster than 12.2.

I am not trying to put down the MPX . Running 12's in a SC is awesome, I would like to see that blower on your motor and see what happens. If I only had the fund to play.

Stephen

I would like to see that blower on your motor
    I'd like to see what my engine would be able to do with an AR but I just don't have the funds available plus I hear the blowers are few and far between......I saw 2 local AR cars run quicker than me (the last time at the track I think one went 11.6 & the other 11.9)

We know that the AR > MPX

the real question is AR > anything? (in this case the TVS)

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisPaulfrey View Post
    the real question is AR > anything? (in this case the TVS)
    I think that if you size a TVS to a higher amount of boost than the 1.7 AR is most efficient at, then it would be better. However, at a corresponding size; the twin screw will dominate the TVS.

I agree with casey. I looked at the TVS and felt that it was unlikely to out perform a whipple size for size. I was also concerned as I couldnt get measurements to see how easy it would be to fit in the available space. The whipple is actually 1/4" shorter than a M112 and only 1/8 wider making it easier, for me, to fit. It was priced cheaper as well and easier to get one set up like I needed. Wasnt very hard to decide which way to go.

Ken

The TVS definitely makes power. A few guys with NA three valves have made close to 500rwhp just bolting on a tvs. Thats close to 200 at the rear wheels on pump gas. A good 3v will make 285 to the wheels.

There has been much argument between Jim Bell and Mr Whipple about which blower is superior twin screw wise. Ill dig that up.

However I dont think either twin screw will have the durability of every day usage an Eaton would. Time will tell though

Audi will be if not already usin teh TVS an dteh new ZR1 has a tvs as well. And at a 100,000 price tag you gotta wonder why a tvs and not a twin screw. From my understanding it makes better power under the curve.
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

The M112 is not the TVS blower though. What is the size of the TVS?
    http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Produc.../TVS/index.htm

Somewhere here im sure..Back to work!
    Last edited by XxSlowpokexX; 11-24-2008 at 01:25 PM.
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonSlowpokeBaumann View Post
    The TVS definitely makes power. A few guys with NA three valves have made close to 500rwhp just bolting on a tvs. Thats close to 200 at the rear wheels on pump gas. A good 3v will make 285 to the wheels.

There has been much argument between Jim Bell and Mr Whipple about which blower is superior twin screw wise. Ill dig that up.

However I dont think either twin screw will have the durability of every day usage an Eaton would. Time will tell though

Audi will be if not already usin teh TVS an dteh new ZR1 has a tvs as well. And at a 100,000 price tag you gotta wonder why a tvs and not a twin screw. From my understanding it makes better power under the curve.

Ive read a lot of the whipple-kenne bell wars. I beleive both blower would perform well no matter which one was used. I beleive the eaton is a dependable blower but I also beleive the twin screw is durable in the long run, just my opinion. In the mean time installing a custom blower comes down to the amount of space one has to install the blower, the availability of the blower, Kenne Bell wont even sell you just the blower, or top outlet if you are keeping the same set up. Theres a lot to consider besides whether this blower will out perform that blower. It comes down to can it be made to work on a SC. You can stick anything you want on top of your engine and in all likely it will end up looking like the other thread here on the SCCoA where some guy has a Lightning blower sticking two feet above his hood line

Ken

Hey Ken,

What are you cooking in your kitchen right now?

Well, Eaton has ditched the cubic inches per revolution naming system of the past (M90, M62, M112) and has adopted cc (milliliters) per revolution instead. The new TVS blowers are the R1320, R1650, R1900, and R2300. It's about 61 cubic inches per liter, so ... those would be equal in displacement to an "R81", "R101", "R116", and "R140". So the closest match in displacement to an M112 would be the R1900. I think the milliliter nomenclature helps project a modern (metric) image and makes for easier comparison to the twin-screw superchargers that Eaton is competing with.
    God bless!!!

1990 SC auto ... red outside, gray cloth inside ... ~205,000 miles (and climbing) ... driven daily!

Quote Originally Posted by Toms-SC View Post
    Hey Ken,

What are you cooking in your kitchen right now?
    I have two blower projects, 2 intercoolers, a bunch of custom idler tensioners and a partridge in a pair tree My Car is coming out of storage soon, Im using a cane instead of crutches already so I am hopeing to be able to work on it soon. Cant wait untill January to get started again, to much to do

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by S_Mazza View Post
    Well, Eaton has ditched the cubic inches per revolution naming system of the past (M90, M62, M112) and has adopted cc (milliliters) per revolution instead. The new TVS blowers are the R1320, R1650, R1900, and R2300. It's about 61 cubic inches per liter, so ... those would be equal in displacement to an "R81", "R101", "R116", and "R140". So the closest match in displacement to an M112 would be the R1900. I think the milliliter nomenclature helps project a modern (metric) image and makes for easier comparison to the twin-screw superchargers that Eaton is competing with.

I would expect the tvs to have better long term durability ,as long as its not spun too fast,since its been designed for oe standards.

It will also be way quieter than the mpx/twin screws,based on the you tube videos of the r1320.