back from the track, with new and improved times

Kevin Leitem

Well I made it to Cecil today with great results. I will skip the BS and go to the slip

60' 1.412
330' 4.124
1/8 6.430
MPH 106.89
1000' 8.456
1/4 10.186
MPH 129.90

with that it is now the fastest SC also.

I only made 1 pass, I found some water in the oil. so I decided to put it the trailer. I was happy enough with that run. I don't know if the intake gaskets failed or from that i got too excited and barely let it warm up at all. causing the heads not enough time to grow and tightly seal the head gaskets.

but I was extremely happy and made the 11 plus hours of driving worth it.

Last edited:
WoW! I mean what else can you say. Man I can't wait to what this car will do once you get that torque converter done! Congrats Kevin. That is just great and I am sorry I didn't get down there to see it. Next time.

And I really appreciate that you took time to make the call. Sorry I missed that too.

Ira

You are a Machine. Getting close to 9's. 2009 should be good for 9's.

Will you be looking into another blower for next year?

Stephen

You are a Machine. Getting close to 9's. 2009 should be good for 9's.

Will you be looking into another blower for next year?

Stephen

no, I will be keeping te MPX on it for a little while longer. I want to prove what an off the shelf blower can do. I know the rest of the car is more than most. but it still is making a ton of power regardless.

What else is there to say. WOW! Well done Kevin. UPS should have picked that thing up 2 days ago, but they still haven't. We got a new UPS driver. She doesn't know her job very well but she looks great doing it.
Alan

congrats

great time kevin, and i know cecil is lower in sea level(if that makes sense) than pittsburgh, i know a lot of people go 3 tenths faster than they do at beaver and pitt. they say its a nice track, i want to make it a stop this year. i want to see this car in person on the track, getting tired of seeing it on here saying your going faster and faster haha;D

Hey Kevin, That's really cool congrats.Don't know many guys that would travel 11 hrs for one pass I can't ask if your nuts I already know the answer:D
Thanks for the call I was glad to hear how happy you were.Now We need to get together and have a few beers:eek:
Dan

Congratulations!

now since you brought up the "off the shelf" comment

60' 1.412

^ :D lets see a IRS car run a short time like that.....

Congratulations!

now since you brought up the "off the shelf" comment

60' 1.412

^ :D lets see a IRS car run a short time like that.....

mine went 1.48 with IRS. leaving at 3500 rpm. could of tried higher RPM but was afraid to. now i launch at 4500-4800. I am sure the irs could of matched a 1.41 if i tried it.

I was there and have video for all eyes to see! I'll get it up monday.

I'm pretty sure he could have got a 9 yesterday if he could have made a few more passes looked like he had a bit of tire spin.

Congrats Kevin, hope the damage ain't too bad. I'm glad VMP closed and we were able to make it up to cecil with you.

I was there and have video for all eyes to see! I'll get it up monday.

I'm pretty sure he could have got a 9 yesterday if he could have made a few more passes looked like he had a bit of tire spin.

Congrats Kevin, hope the damage ain't too bad. I'm glad VMP closed and we were able to make it up to cecil with you.

I am very happy you guys came also. congrats on the Merc. that is definately an awesome and very impressive car. Thanks again for getting a video.

the more i think about it the more i think it was just an intake gasket. but i could be wrong.

Last edited:
I am very happy you guys came also. congrats on the Merc. that is definately an awesome and very impressive car. Thanks again for getting a video.

Remember me telling you about the buffer on the camera? It started recording when the second yellow was on so I just got the whole run.

Good work, Kevin!

All of that hard work and a late start on the year paid off, ya know?

Seems like you put the centrifugal idea on the back shelf, for now!

Back