Snow Performance - New product/upgrade

XR7 Dave

Check it out. Snow Performance is now offering mappable input with an LCD display of boost/injector duty cycle/injection %. It's pretty cool and will be available as an upgrade for those who already have a Stage II MAF kit. Pricing on the kits is on the Snow website already, but as always contact me for SCCOA specific pricing.

Final details on the cost of the upgrade will be available soon for those who already have a kit.

Yes, it replaced the controller with a 2D system using injector pulse width and boost together instead of MAF readings. I'm not sure how much better this will be for full boost conditions but it should help a lot with the transition and lower end accuracy. The Boost MAX system controls two nozzles independently allowing a small injection to occur prior to full boost or even under vacuum. For those with dual nozzles already this will almost be "plug and play".

Paul, what do you mean "upgraded solenoid"?

I'd be in.

upgraded solenoid I believe means the newer anti-siphon solenoid they came up with a while back.

There have been several "solenoid" upgrades along the way as Snow has been using different suppliers over time. I've seen no less than 4 different varieties.

It getting an upgrade, you would only be getting the controller, any other items would be on a per-item basis. If you wanted to replace your entire system and then re-sell the old MAF system that would be another option but that isn't the idea behind just upgrading. Currently there is pricing on the Snow website for a complete system and we are working on pricing for just an upgrade.

Please contact me directly if you are looking for some sort of a partial upgrade so I can provide accurate pricing for what you'd like to get.

Snow is anticipating a 10-15% price increase after the 1st so not to pressure anyone but if you are on the fence, now would be a good time to contact me so we can get things moving before then.

Sorry, I believe Snow is closed this week meaning that the 2008 window has passed. I have been unable to get in contact with anyone there today to confirm one way or the other.

Back