Autocross season ends

Mercutio

SCCoA Member
Today was the last autocross of the season for my region. Since I killed the engine in the SC last week I took my CTS-V this time around. I wasn't expecting much, but I managed to win my class over an E36 M3 and a co-driver in my Caddy. I should also note that this is a different class (STU) from the one my SC runs in (SM). The car drove much better than I expected...since the SC will be down for a while I might actually invest in some Caddy-sized Hoosiers for the first half of next year. So overall, I ran in 9 of 11 events this year, scored 5 class wins (3 in the SC, 1 in a borrowed Miata, 1 in the Caddy), 3 second place finishes (all in the SC) and one Fast Time of the Day, beating everything in and out of my class. In the hands of a co-driver my SC also earned another class win and FTD. In our region we don't do points for every individual class, so I finished 3rd overall out of 116 competitors in the region this year.

3rd out of 116 is something to be proud of! It is fun to compete and even more fun when you do well!:D

Next year maybe No 1!:D

Stephen

Quite an accomplishment there Will. Congrats to you on all the energy & effort you put into it.

Now it's time to start planning for next year! ;)

Ira

Back