TQ back from Dirty Dog

nickleman60

I guess it time to pull the trans. on the 89, Dave are you ready to get it rebuilt for me?

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Wade Russell. A Ford Tech also. I worked with him at Freedom for Most of my Ford Career. We also went to highschool and Automotive school together. Very capable of building a AOD. I have always said that he is a better mechanic than I. Said he would do it and to bring it to him. Told him what happened and what was wrong with it. He said he would tear it down and see what its going to cost to fix it. Said he couldnt really give a price without seeing whats wrong with it. He will take care of you. He wont rip you off...I can promise you

He built the Aod in my first supercoupe Ten years ago. I beat on it and beat on it. Never had a Tranny problem. Now the Engine...thats a different story...blew it up several times. Stupid boy.... Did I mention I beat on it??

Last edited:
Also told him about Anthony's trip to Rick's place. He wasn't suprised it seems...Rick is not his favorite person though. Said he saw Anthony's car sitting up there, and commented that there was a nice one sitting up there....Though he didnt realize it had been there since the Vietnam Era.

Last edited:
I do have a budget on price and it ain't very high, in fact it's very low. I thought you were going to say that it your trans.not someone elses.

Last edited:
I do have a budget on price and it ain't very high, in fact it's very low. I thought you were going to say that it your trans.not someone elses.

That was with Rick. Wade knows me and what I have. He would know I was lying to him. Rick on the other hand has no idea. I would say depending on whats broke you should plan on spending atleast 500 bux. Im figuring half parts half labor. Wade will tell you once he tears it down though. If it aint worth fixing he will tell you. And wont charge you little if anything.

Last edited:
That was with Rick. Wade knows me and what I have. He would know I was lying to him. Rick on the other hand has no idea. I would say depending on whats broke you should plan on spending atleast 500 bux. Im figuring half parts half labor. Wade will tell you once he tears it down though. If it aint worth fixing he will tell you. And wont charge you little if anything.

I'm not putting $500 into that trans or car, $250 or so is the max so I guess I'll have some parts for sale.............:mad:

The overhaul kit plus whatever hardware is broke will cost that. I know you don't want to spend any more on that car. Don't blame you. I did tell you I could get it fixed for a couple hundred

Dollars. I was talking labor. Sorry if I mislead you. That was not my intention.

Now I have a TQ that I just spent more money on and for what............:confused:

I'll delay my thoughts on this one until after the Holidays.

Last edited:
I bet the pump in that transmission is damaged by the looks of that hub.
A good used pump should be around $75. They are starting to be a little hard to find. If you can't find one locally let me know. I have a few connections and a few core transmissions.
Alan

I bet the pump in that transmission is damaged by the looks of that hub.
A good used pump should be around $75. They are starting to be a little hard to find. If you can't find one locally let me know. I have a few connections and a few core transmissions.
Alan

Alan, The TQ was never in stalled on this transmission, it was on the previous one. The trans. problems I have now are no 3rd or OD, when I pulled it out about 1 month ago I found the input shaft sheared off, I knew from reading AOD problems that this would cause the trans. to have no 3rd or OD. I had a couple spares laying around so I replaced the shaft and re-installed the trans, but still no upper gears and that's where I stand today. As I stated earlier I'm not going to put $500 more into this particular car when I have one sitting in the garage with $10,000 worth of motor and driveline needing to be finished. The car in question is an 89 sc with a bunch of mods that were on my black 94 before I went ape zhit on it so it has some potential if the damn trans. problems could be corrected, CHEAPLY. I could part out the performance stuff on it and make 2k real easy and sell what's left but I've never had it all together at once to see what it can do and I'm curious to know before I give up and say bye bye to a car with many one off modifications. This is what happens when you have 3 SC's.

Breakage of the center shaft will cause no 3rd or 4th gear. I'd have to think the splines inside the transmission are damaged after the breakage since the problem still exists.
Alan

Is it the same converter? Maybe the damper broke when the shaft went.
Try putting a shaft in that converter and see if it turns. The one I just fixed for you the shaft will turn, but it will turn the other set of splines with it.
Alan

Is it the same converter? Maybe the damper broke when the shaft went.
Try putting a shaft in that converter and see if it turns. The one I just fixed for you the shaft will turn, but it will turn the other set of splines with it.
Alan

Yes it's the same converter. I had a little trouble getting the broken piece of the shaft out of the TQ because the splines were twisted a little but I got it.

When I pull it out I'll check that out.

Would anyone be willing to help me pull a trans. out of the SC at Pic N pull this Sat. or Sun. morning? I figure I'll try one last time, and $100, to fix it.

Last edited:
Keith, what exactly are you looking for? The converter or the input shaft or what?

I have my old tranny sitting in my garage. If you need some parts from it we can start tearing it apart if you want.

Keith, what exactly are you looking for? The converter or the input shaft or what?

I have my old tranny sitting in my garage. If you need some parts from it we can start tearing it apart if you want.

I don't need any parts, I need a working trans. For a $100, I'll try a used trans. from Pic N Pull but I need some help removing it, don't have the tools and jacks I have available at home.....:rolleyes:

I don't need any parts, I need a working trans. For a $100, I'll try a used trans. from Pic N Pull but I need some help removing it, don't have the tools and jacks I have available at home.....:rolleyes:

I will help you, but I have Christmas with my mothers side of the family on Saturday...

I will help you, but I have Christmas with my mothers side of the family on Saturday...

How about Sunday morning? I'm gonna ride out there this morning to check on some parts for my wrecked 94 and I'll see if the sc it still there, probably getting close to crush time since it's been there a few weeks.

Back