Membership

Mike Manzo

I've reinstated my membership some time ago and wasn't sure who here was a good contact to find out when this will be acknowledged and access to members forums would be granted.

I haven't been around in a while.

Thanks.

its been sence ive paid june at then middle of the month and now its the new year when am i going to get my member ship

I paid also and am still waiting they should not take peoples money if they are so behind in up dating

Our issues with membership have been well documented in the thread listed above. We are not happy with the situation either. All I can offer at this time is a full refund of your payment if you are dissatisfied with the length of time it is taking to process your dues. You will get a full year from the time they are processed, but we understand if you want you money refunded. Please email me at my address below if you want a refund.

Well I just purchased my membership a week ago or so.....and I am not in any way complaining. I am curious, though, as to what the process is once the fee is submitted.

Processing

How far behind are you? Have ever thought about enlisting some help, maybe from some of the moderators? I don't know how bad you are behind, or how many people are trying to members, but completing a few a night would be awesome.

Lets put it this way, even the members here have recognized that there is a problem. HOWEVER, since you have to pay a WHOLE $15 bux, for what you can and will learn here, only a few complain.

Be patient, when he says he will get you in for a year, he means it.

SWS

How far behind are you? Have ever thought about enlisting some help, maybe from some of the moderators? I don't know how bad you are behind, or how many people are trying to members, but completing a few a night would be awesome.

.....and George has committed to reaching out for some help once he has a better handle on just what is needed and how best to accomplish that. It is unfortunately, just taking longer then he expected to get there.

Ira

Our issues with membership have been well documented in the thread listed above. We are not happy with the situation either. All I can offer at this time is a full refund of your payment if you are dissatisfied with the length of time it is taking to process your dues. You will get a full year from the time they are processed, but we understand if you want you money refunded. Please email me at my address below if you want a refund.

George,

Instead of offering refunds to people who ask why it's taking so long, could you please share with us, what exactly is being done to correct the current situation ?

I honestly don't know, or I wouldn't be asking.

David

David, I know you have complained in various places about me offering a refund, but quite frankly it is all I can offer since I have not been able to deliver on getting memberships caught up at this point. I offer the refund in good faith in case someone does not feel comfortable with us holding their money so long. I think anyone can understand the reason for the refund offer. Only a few have taken the refund, but it is really all I have to offer until things are caught up. Some people will rightly complain about the service and some will be more understanding. I’ve dealt with many at both extremes. Fortunately, we have always given away so much free info that many are incredibly understanding of the current situation.

I have explained this many times in many posts and emails, so I’ll just try to recap here. Essentially, I am the only one who has been processing memberships for the SCCoA. This was NOT a problem for many years until my work (I am an independent consultant) has taken up the lion’s share of my time. This involves being at work close to seven days every week and easily twelve plus hour days. I kept thinking it would let up as things only got worse and I got further behind. And of course, when I am off, I also have all the house, personal time and small business issues to deal with. One of my greatest crimes is enjoying the SC/XR7 and community to a fault. I’m sure there is a special level of hell for all the car nuts like me. Maybe I am in it now…. :)

Most of the issue now involves catching up. I don’t really have a good way to accept assistance due to having membership processes in various states of completion. I’m stuck at that awkward point where it probably would take as much of my time to show someone how to help me as it would just to do it. I’ll do either or both as time permits.

Once I do get it up to date, I’ll be working with people who have volunteered to assist and some of the new help we have at admin positions to help automate and simplify the process, so I do not put the club in this position again.

On several occasions I have taken full responsibility for the current bad state of affairs and I will keep on it until it is corrected and passed on to others to assist. This is my fault and my responsibility to get it straightened out.

I just have a quick question about renewing our memberships... I'm pretty sure mine is going to be up soon.

Do I need to fill out all the info in the "join" section again?... or should I just send the payment in without filling out that info... I'm assuming that I am supposed to fill it all out again, but I thought I better ask to be sure.

Thanks

Please fill out the Join form for both new memberships and renewals. The second page of the form gives all the payment information and the info helps us keep our records up to date and many times allows us another way to match payment to member.

David, I know you have complained in various places about me offering a refund, but quite frankly it is all I can offer since I have not been able to deliver on getting memberships caught up at this point. I offer the refund in good faith in case someone does not feel comfortable with us holding their money so long. I think anyone can understand the reason for the refund offer. Only a few have taken the refund, but it is really all I have to offer until things are caught up. Some people will rightly complain about the service and some will be more understanding. I’ve dealt with many at both extremes. Fortunately, we have always given away so much free info that many are incredibly understanding of the current situation.

I have explained this many times in many posts and emails, so I’ll just try to recap here. Essentially, I am the only one who has been processing memberships for the SCCoA. This was NOT a problem for many years until my work (I am an independent consultant) has taken up the lion’s share of my time. This involves being at work close to seven days every week and easily twelve plus hour days. I kept thinking it would let up as things only got worse and I got further behind. And of course, when I am off, I also have all the house, personal time and small business issues to deal with. One of my greatest crimes is enjoying the SC/XR7 and community to a fault. I’m sure there is a special level of hell for all the car nuts like me. Maybe I am in it now…. :)

Most of the issue now involves catching up. I don’t really have a good way to accept assistance due to having membership processes in various states of completion. I’m stuck at that awkward point where it probably would take as much of my time to show someone how to help me as it would just to do it. I’ll do either or both as time permits.

Once I do get it up to date, I’ll be working with people who have volunteered to assist and some of the new help we have at admin positions to help automate and simplify the process, so I do not put the club in this position again.

On several occasions I have taken full responsibility for the current bad state of affairs and I will keep on it until it is corrected and passed on to others to assist. This is my fault and my responsibility to get it straightened out.

George,

Thanks for the explanation on how we got here. If there is anything I can do to help you get caught up, just let me know. As you know I was the secretary for TBSEXY and handled many of the same things for that club, so I'm sure I could help you with a minimum amount of direction.

I manage a manufacturing company that employs about 200 people and over the years I've heard that same old line about how it would take longer to train someone to do this and it's easier to just do it myself. Yes it will take more time initially, but once it's done things will start improving quickly.

Unless you plan to hire an assistant to help with your consulting job or delegate some of your club related duties, then I don't see how the situation is going to improve anytime in the near future. I have only mentioned my views on you offering a refund one time prior to this and that was in a PM to Duffy, but since you brought it up...yes it bothers me when you do that. I agree that an offer to refund the dues is probably the best way to handle the situation if there was a temporary delay to processing the memberships or some of the other stuff around here that isn't getting done.

Unfortunately this isn't a temporary delay....it's been going on for years. In that context, I view your offer for a refund to anyone who questions why there is a delay, as a cop out. That is why I asked you to share exactly what you are doing to correct the situation. BTW, I wasn't just talking about the delay in membership processing and providing access to the members only forums, I'm also talking about creating and updating member pages, updating the Fastest SC list and updating the Most Powerful SC list.

I do commend your efforts to get Fraser involved with some of these website issues and the creation of a committee to select a new SC of the month. I also understand that there may be other more important things that need to be done with your time before addressing the needs of this club. I'm not looking for you to magically solve all the clubs problems overnight, but I am looking for you to provide some leadership and share your thoughts/plans for how we are going to address these issues.

That's the kind of stuff I wanted you to talk about.

David

Last edited:
George I understand don't sweat mine when ever you get a chance hell do mine last I don't care don't stress out do a few every no and again and it will eventually get caught up . and share the responsibility's it is a club not a personal show spread the love brother many to help if asked

Timing is everything!

Just my luck!

The update thread says all PayPal'd dues as of 6/21/08 are done.

I PayPal'd my dues 6 days later on 6/27/08.

Now over 9 months later & still no membership!

If you were caught up on 6/21/08, you've obviously not
completed ANY more dues payments, or mine would surely
have been done before now!

I assume I should go ahead & RENEW my membership NOW, so
it will be in line for whenever my current membership expires??!!

Maybe this function should be DELEGATED to another officer, one
who has a lot more time to dedicate to it?

Looking forward to becoming a real member SOON.

Thanks for listening to my ranting!!

Jeff Parker

I assume I should go ahead & RENEW my membership NOW, so
it will be in line for whenever my current membership expires??!!

As explained in several threads, your membership will start from the time it is processed, not from the time it was received. So you will receive a full year's membership once it is processed.

Maybe this function should be DELEGATED to another officer, one
who has a lot more time to dedicate to it?

That is my intent once this batch is caught up.

When?

So, any idea WHEN you might get 6 DAYS into the next batch of updates?

I'd just like to know how much longer it will be.

Thanks

Back