Kenne Bell...?

I was making 12 psi with my paxton and about 8 with my vortech (it was an "a" trim), both non intercooled and both non computer tuned relying solely on an FMU....Back before massive chip burning and multiple dyno visits was the norm.

Being the booost comes on with RPM there was never a reason to bleed any boost while daily driving. I never had an issue at all. Maybe on a big inch high boost car...But anything making power to 9 sec is not that.

One thing with the KB AR setup back then was that it just didnt work well at all without getting a tune (chip dyno wise). Boost came on quick and would make the computer go yer an idiot...Another reason I got rid of it.

In the end youll probably be happy with any blower you throw on but here was one of my simpler combos.

Stock short block, gt40 iron heads ported, cobra intake ported, 70mm tb 80mm pro m, 30lb injectors, e303 cam, 5 speed, 4.10's Vortech A trim fully loaded with Lakewood drag shocks/struts....10.7's all day long.

All used parts, never dyno tuned, never dynoed..I dont recall boost on this combo but I mean....It doeant take much.

You may even be happy with something as simple and inexpensive as a 6-8psi powerdyne kit. Under $2,000 non IC and loads of fun.

Id say in no case do you NEED gears. You can get most all your hard parts used at 1/2 price..5.0's are still a great bang for the buck and work well with SC's

I was making 12 psi with my paxton and about 8 with my vortech (it was an "a" trim), both non intercooled and both non computer tuned relying solely on an FMU....Back before massive chip burning and multiple dyno visits was the norm.

Being the booost comes on with RPM there was never a reason to bleed any boost while daily driving. I never had an issue at all. Maybe on a big inch high boost car...But anything making power to 9 sec is not that.

One thing with the KB AR setup back then was that it just didnt work well at all without getting a tune (chip dyno wise). Boost came on quick and would make the computer go yer an idiot...Another reason I got rid of it.

In the end youll probably be happy with any blower you throw on but here was one of my simpler combos.

Stock short block, gt40 iron heads ported, cobra intake ported, 70mm tb 80mm pro m, 30lb injectors, e303 cam, 5 speed, 4.10's Vortech A trim fully loaded with Lakewood drag shocks/struts....10.7's all day long.

All used parts, never dyno tuned, never dynoed..I dont recall boost on this combo but I mean....It doeant take much.

You may even be happy with something as simple and inexpensive as a 6-8psi powerdyne kit. Under $2,000 non IC and loads of fun.

Id say in no case do you NEED gears. You can get most all your hard parts used at 1/2 price..5.0's are still a great bang for the buck and work well with SC's

Thats what i was thinking..they have been selling this kits for over 15yrs i thought they were designed to work on an all stock 5.0..I want to get around 300 hp so i think the basic kit should be good for that...no?..im looking for low 13's high 12's..an be able to drive this everyday like i am now....Does gas mileage get effected that much with a blower?...im sure it does when in boost..but driving it normal i would think it should be ok no?...thanks

Back