how old are SC owners

how old are you

• Total voters
I'm 32 and bought my sc in 05 with 86k it was a garage kept one owner trade in and do to a major pricing error I bought it for 2900$ I believe it only has 105k on it today. I was always really picky about it never let anyone eat drink or smoke in it. Never has it been on a gravel road or driven in the snow. And it's always been garaged (with the exception of now it's sitting in front of my garage lol) I knew nothing about sc's and saw it at a car lot I drove past everyday. I stopped in to to look at it and the guy tossed me the keys and said "be careful that. Damn thing is fast!" I took it for a drive and fell in love e first time I floored it! Well I didn't have e 4900$ they wanted but I sure kept thinking about it! Couple weeks later I drove by and it said 2900$ on the windshield ! I stopped in and told the guy I'd take it and had to go find some money! I asked why the r educed price? He said "what are you talking about?" when I told him that he had dropped his price by 2000$ he about had a heart atack! Apparently the guy that washed all his cars had mixed up the price of the sc and a geo tracker sitting beside it when he put the prices on the windshields. The guy was honest and told me he'd honor that price not a penny less if I could come back with the money in 2hrs! I ended up going to the bank and having to use my crappy Honda and my crappy truck for collateral because the load value on the sc was like 1500$ lol my wife was pissed that I bought a car without talking to her (until she saw it lol)
im 37 and bought my first sc in 1998. my story is similar to yours.i was 23 and wanted a buick gn in the worst way. my dad talked me out of it and took me to the local ford dealer. i noticed a black 90 tbird with the sc embossed on the front and back bumper and wondered what it stood for? the salesman said it was a supercoupe it had a turbo! i asked him to pop the hood and what do i see the 3.8 top with what looks to be a blower ! much to my surprise. i took it for a test drive and was hooked . never knew what an sc was till that day. i no longer have that car as i bought my 93 with 33k in 2001. and now has 107k :) needless to say im glad my dad talked me out of getting a gn :)

40+18. I own a 90Anny since 91,also have a 89SC with 83k and a 89 XR7 parts car. I've owned birds since 71. Oldest 59 with a 430FE. So far 12 birds and 2 XR7s

got my sc when i was 14! bought it from my brother when he blew the head gasket for 400$ im not 16 now and have the motor out and completly apart. saving up some money for machine work and forged pistons.

I've had my 94 bird for goin on 2 years now it'll be 3 years in July 2013 (bought it when i was 21), and this is probably the car I've put the most time and money into.....My buddy took me for a ride in it, (when it was stock) and I ended up buying it from him a few months later! Now I've had 2, kept the first one and used the second one for parts :D

Last edited:
First 1989 XR7 I saw was red with ground effects. It was in front of the Autozone on Pat Booker Road in Universal City Tx. A Msgt from Randolph AFB was driving it. I was 18 and wished I could own one.At the time I was driving a beat up 67 Cougar XR7 with a 351c 2v that I had stuffed in it with a junkyard c4. Years later Im on my third mn12 and trying to do it right this time.

I'll be 31 in a few weeks. I have had an SC since I was 16 years old, still have the same one. Over the years I've acquired more.

old fart?

seems most of the young whipper snappers here weren't born yet when the SC's hit the street.

I'm an old fart- and us old farts will either out drive you into submission or

we will just flat out kick your ~~~ for disrespecting us.

Remember, without us 'old farts'- you may not have been in existence....

:D

turned 60 this year...... So..... let's see.... (takes off shoes and socks....) Yea, still just enough fingers and toes to fit in the 40+ category.....

Wanted an 89 5 speed from the first time I saw the ad for it. But kids, med school, houses, business delayed that until 5 years ago....

bout it with 154K and now has 210K.... runs better now than then!!

25 years old

I got my 94 sc when i was 20, fell in love with it right away. Owned it five years now, hate when it gets called a thunderchicken or the super poop. But after you put the pedal down that usually stops.

I feel like I need to go back and change my initial answer now as I've moved into a new age bracket since I answered the poll years ago lol

I was 29 when I bought my first SC, a 95 5-speed. Sold it when I was 38. Big mistake! Bought my current 95 5-speed 13 years ago, when I was 42. Sold it when I was...oh wait...I will NEVER sell it!!! :)

I bought my T-Bird SC exactly a month ago and I haven't driven it yet... It'll be a real treat once she's all fixed up to be a daily driver :)

Replying to myself, :D
I had just turned 19 when I got my 1991 SC 5-speed with moonroof (Oxford White paint, Titanium Leather interior) back in 2012. Since I’ve bought this car, I went to community college. Then in May of 2015, when my 1991 was giving me many problems, I bought a 1990 SC 5-speed (Oxford White paint, Blue Cloth interior). This was my daily-ish driver for years. I got my Associates Degree in Business MGMT, transferred to Reinhardt University, got my BS in Business Admin and graduated in 2019. The 1991 blew its head-gaskets that summer and (with the help of my mechanic friend), got the head-gaskets changed. In the fall, I bought a 1993 SC 5-speed (Oxford White paint, Black Leather interior) that was presumed to have blown head gaskets. To my amazement, the head gaskets were fine... for about 10 months then they blew. I had the head gaskets replaced during the summer of this year and have put on over 1,000 miles since the change. I’m now 27 years old and still own 3 Oxford White SCs with 5-speeds.

I’m honestly considering putting a roll-cage in one next year and taking stunt-driving classes (you don’t use your own car for the classes, btw). I was going to spruce one up to be as nice, clean, and show-worthy as possible, and the third would be a spare. I know I promised I would start filming Youtube videos this year, but I promise, as my New Year’s resolution to begin filming something in 2021. Things are shaping up, I’ve got over $1,000 worth of parts to install and I’ve thought long-and-hard about my story since my last update post. Hopefully I can deliver a quality video series prominently featuring a Supercoupe starting next year. Its a story that means a lot to me and that has been evolving since before I bought my first Supercoupe. I’ve grown a lot since then, even though I’m still in the 19-30 year old group. Hopefully all those years of frustration and hoarding MN12 parts will amount to something meaningful.

Thanks for reading :)
Happy New Year!

39 when I got my SC but I've owned a 97 tbird lx 4.6 auto for along time 10 years or so and had a 94 lx 4.6 auto before that so I'm a bird fan I get the binoculars and just watch as they delicately graze my drive way had to put the 94 out to pastor many moons ago still have the key though

42 now but I was 22 when I get my first bird 1989 and now I own my 3rd bird 1992 for the last 15.5 years

Attachments

• 95E6F1AF-9248-4164-8667-881E2D5CC8B2 (1).JPG
    95E6F1AF-9248-4164-8667-881E2D5CC8B2 (1).JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 5
I'm going to be 39 this year. This marks 22 years with my SC. I've owned 4 SC's over the years and I'm down to 1 now. It's my first SC I bought the summer of 1999. It was bone stock when I got it. I've been a part of this club since about 1997 or 1998 or so. I remember being in the computer lab in high school and one of my friends who was a little older had an SC and I found the club and pictures of Bill Evanoff's car to show him. I later bought his car from him. At one point a lot of my friends had SC's. There were 5 or 6 of us in my small town that had them. They all sold them off now, and I'm the only one left. Mine currently sits in storage at my mother's garage in Michigan but I'm closing on my house this month so hopefully I'll be brining it out here to Utah this winter.

This is my black 92 5-speed. It's a factory moonroof car with black leather interior. Over the years I have done some work to it.

ZR Motorsports cold air intake
75mm Throttle Body
10% overdrive pulley
catless down pipes
Flowmaster catback exhaust
B&M ripper shifter with B&M T-handle and MOMO black leather boot
190 LPH Walbro fuel pump
3.27 trac-lok rear end swap
poly diff bushings
eibach lowering springs
KYB shocks
vacuum brake booster conversion
18x9 Speed Star wheels w/ 245/45/18 tires
I have aluminum 15" skinny fronts with 185R15 tires and stock 16" wheels I need to get some slicks for

I have a ton of stuff waiting to be installed:
MP Cold air intake
80MM MAF
MP 85MM Throttle Body
MP supercharger inlet
Late Model rectangle port M90 with teflon coated rotors (want to S-port it or sell it with the inlet for an MPX)
MP 25% OD pulleys (crank, jackshaft, and blower pulley combo)
Front mount intercooler (need to fab up some pipes once I mount it)
52 lb injectors
255 LPH Walbro Fuel Pump
Short 3.8L Mustang headers (might sell these for some Kooks mid length)
McLeod Light Weight Flywheel
Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
new headlight housings
mint tail light LED trunk housings
paint job
replace the tint

Eventually want to do big valve ported heads and a cam.

24210168_10215087368837327_9162690540465077574_o.jpg

Back