new paint on the '94 sc

nickleman60

Picked up the 94 from Maaco today and for $525.95 I think it looks pretty good. Of course it has the typical overspray in the wheel wells, underneath the front bumper and some on the tires but I can fix that up.

Right now they're hurting for business so it's a good time get your paint freshened up for an economy price. My price was about $200 body work, clear coat stripping where needed and the rest was the actual painting price. When i dropped it off on Tues. I also got an estimate on the 89 I have which didn't need bodywork but has a ton of clear coat peel and they quoted me a price of $733.50 which I turned down, today they said they'd do it for $600 but I declined.

Attachments

• new paint 2 001.JPG
    new paint 2 001.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 108
  • new paint 2 007.JPG
    new paint 2 007.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 98
  • new paint 2 005.JPG
    new paint 2 005.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 90
  • new paint 2 002.JPG
    new paint 2 002.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 92
  • new paint 2 006.JPG
    new paint 2 006.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
a couple more pics

Attachments

• new paint 2 008.JPG
    new paint 2 008.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 68
  • new paint 2 003.JPG
    new paint 2 003.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 66
  • new paint 2 004.JPG
    new paint 2 004.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 75
They painted AND clear coated?? Did they do the door jams and the hood and trunk too??

Ira

They painted AND clear coated?? Did they do the door jams and the hood and trunk too??

Ira

Yes, paint and clear coat. No they didn't do the door jams, under hood and trunk. I was looking to get the car looking decent, especially after someone hit it in a parking lot which I repaired myself out of the $2150 their insurance company gave me. I had to replace the header panel, corner lights and drivers side fender which cost me a total of less than $200. The paint is close to the stock opal frost color, it's a little darker but I like it. Of course you can see the difference when you open the doors but I don't care, it looks good enough for me.

If thats a clear coat finish, the hard part is done just block wetsand it and buff. Looks like a great deal.

Corrected all of the overspray in the fenderwells and under the front bumper, cleaned up the rims and tires, looks pretty good in the sunlight.

I'm heading to the junkyard today to try and find some decent looking top trim pieces for the front and back windows.

Attachments

• detailed 94 002.JPG
    detailed 94 002.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 62
  • detailed 94 011.JPG
    detailed 94 011.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 75
  • detailed 94 005.JPG
    detailed 94 005.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Im impressed. If it looks near as good in person as it does in the pictures, I'd say you got a heck of a deal. I could tell it was a little darker though, but I like......

do yourself a favor and get some cans of high gloss clearcoat from automotivetouchup.com

I can guarantee you that in 6 months most of the clear will fade and the base coat will start peeling. its cheap $8 a can and 5 cans should be enuff to do the whole car.

I had a camaro painted at maaco back in november of 07. They painted just the driver side of the car due to an accident. They matched the paint perfect and sprayed it beautifully. But now the clear coat has stripped away and the base coat is peeling. Just on the driver side though. Passenger side has the original paint and looks impecable.

I can guarantee you that in 6 months most of the clear will fade and the base coat will start peeling.

Well if it does then I'll be getting a free paint job according to the warranty, I bought the Presidential grade paint which was half price and it comes with a 100% 2 yr. gloss and peeling warranty, from 13-18 months I'll be charged 25% and 19-24 months 50%, after that you on your own.

Im impressed. If it looks near as good in person as it does in the pictures, I'd say you got a heck of a deal. I could tell it was a little darker though, but I like......

For what I paid I'm tickled to death, now I can detail up the inside to match the outside.

Installed both top front and back window trim pieces that I got at the junkyard and put the stickers on the back bumper, I'm done..............:D

Last edited:
Back