shifter bushings f5tz-7228-a

Shipped how?

thanks to all who ordered-everything shipped today. for those of you who still need bushings-i still have access to all you want. about 1 week lead time
john

John,

Where are you located & how did you ship my bushings?
Just curious, because it's been 3 days & they haven't
arrived.
Thanks!
Jeff Parker
Columbus, Ohio

Postage due??!!

Mine were held at the post office for postage due. Picked them up today.

Please don't tell me he put them in a letter envelope
with only ONE $.42 stamp?!:rolleyes:

That's probably why it's been 4 days now & mine
still haven't shown.:mad:

Recieved my shifter bushings today(probably would have got them earlier but my mail man is a slacker and hasn't delieved the mail almost all week...had to drive to the post office to get my mail) I cant wait to put these in...thanks again John!
Travis

Please don't tell me he put them in a letter envelope
with only ONE $.42 stamp?!:rolleyes:

That's probably why it's been 4 days now & mine
still haven't shown.:mad:

The postal employee told me the extra postage was due because the envelope could not be ran through the machine for processing due to the odd shape of the parts inside so it had to be done by hand. I don't know if that is true or not. I just handed her the 50 cents and went home a rebuilt my spare shifter.

Lost shifter bushings!

The postal employee told me the extra postage was due because the envelope could not be ran through the machine for processing due to the odd shape of the parts inside so it had to be done by hand. I don't know if that is true or not. I just handed her the 50 cents and went home a rebuilt my spare shifter.

TSC89,

That is exactly true. I work at the USPS and anything in a letter envelope
that isn't flat & has even a small bulge in it has to be hand-cancelled.
Hince, a letter envelope is NOT the way to ship something like shifter bushings! I JUST SPENT 20 MINUTES ON THE PHONE WITH MY LOCAL
POST OFFICE, AND THEY DO *NOT* HAVE ANYTHING THERE FOR ME WITH
POSTAGE DUE!!!!!!!! Looks like mine were accidentally processed through
the machine, which probably tore up the envelope so now they have my
bushings but don't have a CLUE where to send them!!

bushings

jeff-sorry about the bushings. another set shipping today via usps in BUBBLE WRAP. of course there is no charge
john

Bushings

Hey guys,
Go to mackstrans.com-buy a bunch cause they are so cheap!
Now go to google and type in m5r2 shifter rebuild. Good luck-not complicated at all

MACK'S Standard Transmission

Thanks for the information.
I went to the site and the part search returned nothing. I have sent an email to MST and will see what their response is to availability of the bushings.
-Dave

Hey guys,
Go to mackstrans.com-buy a bunch cause they are so cheap!
Now go to google and type in m5r2 shifter rebuild. Good luck-not complicated at all

Same trans M5R2 that is used in the F-150,lt duty F-250, Ranger, Mazda B3000 and 4000. there are listings everywhere for the parts.

Same trans M5R2 that is used in the F-150,lt duty F-250, Ranger, Mazda B3000 and 4000. there are listings everywhere for the parts.
So the shifter being mounted over the center of the transmission in the Ford Trucks uses the same shifter as on the SC M5R2? That is news to me and something I have not read anywhere.

From the hours of reading I have done, it seems the M5R2 in the SC's has a number of different internals from the truck transmission. The rebuild kits I have seen, are listed seperately for a SC versus a truck M5R2.

Check this out. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111271
Trying to find enough interest to make a special run to make this obsolete M5R2 set of parts.
-Dave

So the shifter being mounted over the center of the transmission in the Ford Trucks uses the same shifter as on the SC M5R2? That is news to me and something I have not read anywhere.

From the hours of reading I have done, it seems the M5R2 in the SC's has a number of different internals from the truck transmission. The rebuild kits I have seen, are listed seperately for a SC versus a truck M5R2.

Check this out. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111271
Trying to find enough interest to make a special run to make this obsolete M5R2 set of parts.
-Dave

I know its hard to believe but a simple google of M5R2 will reveal a whole new source of info. My buddy who repairs transmissions for a living{professionally} just did an SC trans, using truck syncros. You will find a Ford truck enthusist forum that talks about the M5R2. Try this link, you may have to copy/paste: http://www.google.com/search?source...T4GGLL_enUS346US349&q=m5r2+shifter+repair+kit.

You will also find an ebay auction with the M5R2 Shifter repair kit{complete} auction # 190329417479 for$15.94 w/$5.94 shipping.
The kit fits: 1991-up Ford Thunderbird 5 speed manual RKE
1987 and up Ford Ranger Pickup 5 speed manual M5R1 / M50D
1987 and up Ford Explorer 5 speed manual M5R1 / M50D
1987 and up Ford F150 Pickup 5 speed manual M5R2 / M50D
1994-UP Mazda Navajo , Mazda B3000 Pickup , Mazda B4000 Pickup
As I said just google M5R2 as see what you didn't know..
Also, the part number given here on this post F5TZ-7228-A breaks down F5=1995,TZ=Truck,7228 the specific part group.
It's also a little off of the subject but HURST makes a short throw shifter for the M5R2 trans, looking under truck shifters.
Bob

Last edited:
The number changes up to 1L2Z 7228 AA, still available new from Ford. Same shifter bushings used in 2000s Ranger with the M5R1 trans.

cheers
Ed N.

The number changes up to 1L2Z 7228 AA, still available new from Ford. Same shifter bushings used in 2000s Ranger with the M5R1 trans.

cheers
Ed N.

My understanding, is the gears and brass syncros interchange with the supercoupe trans. The cases are obviously different. I just don't know what the gear ratios are though in the truck trans.

Part diagram for RKE M5R2 shifter

cheers
Ed N.
Thanks Ed,
There was nothing between the top and bottom of the ball on the shifter under the boot. Do you know where I can get an exploded view so I know what parts I need and of course the order they go in?

As you can see in the pic, (http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113666 #6) the inner plate is beaten up and the boot on the top dust cover plate is cut/ripped.
Sorry for the link, the site will not let me attach the picture to this thread.
I am guessing I am up a creek hoping to find these parts.
Thanks again,
-Dave

Back