True Dual Exhaust Pipes

DLF

Anyone thinking about doing this may be interested in this item on eBay.

"Link outdated"

I've also inquired about the possibility of having these made in 304 Stainless.

Last edited:
Very nice find, those look like some nice pipes. Cheap easy way to build a nice exhaust, just add mufflers some welding and your all set.

Dangit.. I just built a true dual system out of individual mandrel bends.. This would have been MUCH EASIER...

Anyone thinking about doing this may be interested in this item on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-97-THUNDERBIRD-EXHAUST-TUBING-KIT_W0QQitemZ230321310423QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33630QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've also inquired about the possibility of having these made in 304 Stainless.

Ordered a set and they are due to arrive Friday. I know I'll need some additional bends to fab downtubes and may need a different x-pipe, but this'll get me started. Thanks.

Ordered a set and they are due to arrive Friday. I know I'll need some additional bends to fab downtubes and may need a different x-pipe, but this'll get me started. Thanks.

No problem, glad to help. :D

i was looking at thoes too. but how much do 2 1/2" pipes flow compaired to a 3" or 3 1/2" single?

Thanks for the link, I plan on buying a set as soon as I get money again....wait that may never happen:mad: Hopefully once I get my tax return I will be purchasing this exhaust.

i was looking at thoes too. but how much do 2 1/2" pipes flow compaired to a 3" or 3 1/2" single?

Roughly....

The cross section of 2 - 2 1/2" pipes is 9.82"

A single 3" pipe is 7.07"

A single 3 1/2" pipe is 9.62"

Flow? Well that's another issue that depends upon bend radius and other factors.

Just picking a number of 300 ft. per second (velocity) as an example... a single 3" pipe will flow approx. 50% more than a 2.5" pipe. 3.5" is approx. double.

10.227 cubic ft./sec for 2.5", vs. 14.726 cubic ft./sec for 3.0", vs. 20.044 cubic ft./sec for 3.5"

Pair of 2.5's will flow slightly more (20.454) than one 3.5".

Last edited:
I just put the 3.5" on mine this morning and now I see this. Oh well! Of course I had bought my pipes last week anyway. My Flowmaster tailpipe kit came with enough 3.5" pipe to do 2 sets. Anybody want to buy the other half? It looks like the flow and cross sectional measurements are consistent with each other and the difference isn't much between the 2. Would it make a real difference in performance?. I drove over to the shop with the resonator dumping out underneath my seat. Whew it was loud.:eek:

UPS dropped off this today. It is the one in the ebay listing in first post. Overall measurements are ~ 68" x 36" (muffler end).

Attachments

• DSCN3137.JPG
    DSCN3137.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 505
  • DSCN3138.JPG
    DSCN3138.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 357
So what do you think? Are you happy? Does it look like fit will be right?
Looking at getting some!

Stephen

Not to nitpick, but you've got that assembled backwards. ;)

My Car is currently on an inverse hoist. ;) I just threw it together without looking too closely...obviously. Good thing I had it backwards b/c maybe once assembled correctly, the X-pipe I have will slap on.

Last edited:
Gas Tank

I'm thinking of going to a dual set-up. Currently I have a 2.5 to 3.0 no mufflers after the resonator. I love the sound but I want the look to duals.

I have a 90 gas tank. Can I use any Thunderbird tank or must it be a SC for this set-up?

Back