Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 95 thunderbird svt????

95 thunderbird svt????

this auction can't be legit can it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...3A1|240%3A1308

I heard rumors about those cars, but never saw one. The only way to know for sure would be to try to find someone who worked for SVT back then....

SVT bird

I didn't read all the text there, but I thought the SVT bird had the Mustang cobra engine in it. (4.6 SC)??? Havn't done a lot of reading on all of that. There's a video on you tube of a claimed SVT bird that has the 4.6 SC'd in it.
    jj

Big load of BS. SVT would never build something that looks like that.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by james5275 View Post
    There's a video on you tube of a claimed SVT bird that has the 4.6 SC'd in it.
    jj
    That video on Youtube is of the only known remaining SVE Tbird to actually exist ( no such thing as SVT Tbird )

Ebay one is a joke, 4.6 DOHC Hemi ??

- Dan

MANY years ago there was an article that I read in I believe "Hot Rod Magazine" that showed Ford's Prototype SVT TBird, it was a stylish looking creature as we've all come to love in our current birds. I don't remember it looking anything like that though, I'll see if I can find the article and scan it in..

RJ

Never seen that one before. Whomever owned it sure put some time and money into it though. Turbo'd DOHC 4.6 ? Things gotta move if tuned right. Think if I email them they'll send an up close version of that build sheet,vin tag, and door tag stickers?

They make a big deal about the "X" in the VIN. That means nothing; it's merely a check digit to vaildate the VIN. It is calculated via a formula, using the other characters in the VIN. The check digit can be 1-9 & X. It has no other "mysterious" meaning.

It might be as-advertised, but I'd want TONS of official Ford documentation before I took a $30K chance...

JD

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas A View Post
    Big load of BS. SVT would never build something that looks like that.

Thomas
    I agree. Why would Ford (or even a dealership) go through all the trouble of making a special edition without even changing the "LX" badge to an "SVT"....plenty of other reasons make me not believe this.
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | '17 Spectator | '18 Freeze-Plug Champ
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, Alky-Inj ¦ 387rwhp, 438rwtq (new motor) ¦ Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph (old motor)
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

From the ad: "All 4 cars were Black & the other 3 were destroyed."

The SVE Thunderbird that made the Power Tour and a lot of us have seen online was Burgundy.

Last edited by Nettlesd; 01-30-2009 at 02:49 PM.
    SCCoA Member #247
    Hardcore TBU #5 (in tow)

That was the article that I read and the pics I remember, where did that come from Nettlesd??

RJ

Completely bogus. Link that ~~~~ here.

Funny this car shows up every couple years. I've talked to the woman who owns it she is the scariest woman you ever seen and when she was giving me the BS about the car being an SVT it didn't have the turbo. She got a build sheet on the car and it does have SVT on it like the one pictured but never told me how she got the papers.

THE CAR IS A FAKE

I also emailed them and let them know
    Last edited by Brad Klein; 01-30-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Ive seen the car plenty of times most recently at Carlisle. The papers do say SVT on them. I recall a few cars having the SVT designation but unsure exactly what that meant or what engine relly came in any of them. SOHC DOHC? Where they changed..Who knows I certainly dont

I wonder the legitimacy of any of these birds. I dont however see why anyone would lie about it being an SVE or SVT bird as noone is going to pay more for it..They just arent collectable just yet.

This issue comes up at least once a year and never seems to be put to rest 100%
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

I had a friend at a Mercury dealership pull the warranty history of the car. It was sold to a private party in West Virginia and had some warranty work done on it back in the '96 time frame. Unless SVT was strapped for cash and they had to build it on a used car they bought in the classifieds...uhhh, no.