Thread: GTP rotor pak.....SOLD

GTP rotor pak.....SOLD

I have a GTP rotor pak that I bought for my MPX case before the problem came to light about coating coming off from ODing the blower. I installed in the MPX case but never ran them, took them out and installed a set of uncoated rotors. They're ready to install with the line up dowel in the correct position. A couple of places at the ends of the rotors have a very little chipping of the teflon but overall they're in really good shape, all they are to me are a paper weight in a box in the garage.

$100 plus shipping
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by nickleman60; 02-11-2009 at 11:40 AM.
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - 2.3 Whipple
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

How much clearance is there between the rotors and the plate? How about perceptible gear lash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    How much clearance is there between the rotors and the plate? How about perceptible gear lash?
    Dave, I'm just a shade tree mechanic so how do I measure what your asking? I guess I could use a feeler gauge to measure the clearance between the rotors and plate but how do i measure the gear lash?
    SCCOA Member #2406

Its coated roror pack?
    I take if coated.
    Also i need snout.
    LMK.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Its coated roror pack?
    I take if coated.
    Also i need snout.
    LMK.
    Thank you.
    You have a PM.

I have a snout that needs a seal if you're interested.
    SCCOA Member #2406

Quote Originally Posted by nickleman60 View Post
    Dave, I'm just a shade tree mechanic so how do I measure what your asking? I guess I could use a feeler gauge to measure the clearance between the rotors and plate but how do i measure the gear lash?
    To measure rotor clearance you need to install the rotors into a case just far enough that the alignment dowels start to engage, then stick a feeler gauge in there and check clearance. This is a procedure that all people with overdriven blowers should know how to do because it was through *assuming* that I was ok that we lost 2 blowers in one day. It's easy to do and it could really save your butt one day.

As for gear lash, while you have the rotor pack in there just rattle the gears back and forth. If you can feel (and hear) the gears clicking back and forth then they are worn. It seems like the GTP's had problems with this. I have a set of rotors in my one car that look perfect but they have so much gear lash that the doggone thing sounds like a cement mixer.
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by nickleman60 View Post
    I have a GTP rotor pak that I bought for my MPX case before the problem came to light about coating coming off from ODing the blower. I installed in the MPX case but never ran them, took them out and installed a set of uncoated rotors. They're ready to install with the line up dowel in the correct position. A couple of places at the ends of the rotors have a very little chipping of the teflon but overall they're in really good shape, all they are to me are a paper weight in a box in the garage.

$100 plus shipping
    Would you happen to have the GTP snout? Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahoopd View Post
    Would you happen to have the GTP snout? Let me know.
    I"m pretty sure the GTP snouts are part of the actual case, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by getblown View Post
    I"m pretty sure the GTP snouts are part of the actual case, but I could be wrong.
    No, they can't be because as the picture shows, they are removable. Perhaps you are thinking about the inlet being part of the case.
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    No, they can't be because as the picture shows, they are removable. Perhaps you are thinking about the inlet being part of the case.
    Very true. I stand corrected (and smacked for being dumb).