1993 SC - Low miles, but Bad Head Gasket

mmmduke

Looking to sell my 1993 SC that now has a blown head gasket.:eek: I don't work on cars, so I've spent much time trying to see about having it fixed, but the price is more than I can handle ($1400+).:( Haven't driven the car for about a month as I don't want to damage the engine. The car drove well and all of a sudden the gasket problem. :confused:

Attaching some pics in case anyone would want to fix. Car has 62,500 miles on it. Has special decal and paint highlighting. Rust on bottom quarterpanel behind front wheels. I'm the original owner, and have the title. Also, I recently(12/15/2008) purchased a complete set of DUNLOP SP WINTER SPORT M3 tires and had them mounted to my rims. They're still in new condition ($550 with mounting). Battery is under 1 year. I live near Chicago. I would fix myself, but would rather get a family-style car. Asking $850, mostly to cover cost of new tires and premium wheels.

If anyone interested or needs more pics, please let me know.

Attachments

• 254_5479.jpg
    254_5479.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 483
  • 254_5481.jpg
    254_5481.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 254_5486.jpg
    254_5486.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 572
  • 254_5498.jpg
    254_5498.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 777
  • 254_5500.jpg
    254_5500.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 959
Last edited:
Seats!

If someone buys this SC to part out,
I would definitely be interested in the
SEATS!!:D
Provided, of course, they will mount
right up in my '94.:confused:

Jeff Parker
Columbus, Ohio

If someone buys this SC to part out,
I would definitely be interested in the
SEATS!!:D
Provided, of course, they will mount
right up in my '94.:confused:

Jeff Parker
Columbus, Ohio

I would be interested in the wheels.

Wish i had a truck and trailer. The hg job is pretty easy (i've done quite a few). I'd get a new fender and repaint the thing (or peel off graphics) though.

Hi, is cars still for sale? What a phone number to call?

Looking to sell my 1993 SC that now has a blown head gasket.:eek: I don't work on cars, so I've spent much time trying to see about having it fixed, but the price is more than I can handle ($1400+).:( Haven't driven the car for about a month as I don't want to damage the engine. The car drove well and all of a sudden the gasket problem. :confused:

Attaching some pics in case anyone would want to fix. Car has 62,500 miles on it. Has special decal and paint highlighting. Rust on bottom quarterpanel behind front wheels. I'm the original owner, and have the title. Also, I recently(12/15/2008) purchased a complete set of DUNLOP SP WINTER SPORT M3 tires and had them mounted to my rims. They're still in new condition ($550 with mounting). Battery is under 1 year. I live near Chicago. I would fix myself, but would rather get a family-style car for my kids. Asking $850, mostly to cover cost of new tires and premium wheels.

I am interested, give a phone number and a time to check the car out thank you?

If no one buys this, will you be interested in parting it out? If someone else does buy this, and is using it for parts, please let me know there are a few things I would be interested in seeing as this is just like my red SC.

Car officially Sold!

All,

Thanks to everyone for the interest in my car. I have received payment for the car so it is officially sold! Wish I was in a position to keep, but I know someone who appreciates sc's is buying.

Mark

Well guys, she is home and in good hands - have my work cut out for me a little bit on this one but nothing I haven't dealt with before hand.

Overall I would say the car is Very nice (factoring car as a whole)...rust is the only real down side of the entire car which I guess is what's expected of a Northern car.

Here are some pictures. Chicago was a fun trip and I think I did alright overall in the purchase.

Picture at buyers house
IMG00138.jpg

Intial inspection back at the hotel
IMG00145.jpg

IMG00146.jpg

fog light on drivers side pushed up loading...now back and fine
IMG00147.jpg

IMG00148.jpg

IMG00149.jpg

IMG00150.jpg

IMG00151.jpg

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00170.jpg

IMG00171.jpg

IMG00172.jpg

-Tim

I love those seats there Tim! I have looked around all over and cant come up with any.

Yeah that was 90% of the purchase for me. I love the tweed seats...black interior is where it's at on top of that!

Drivers side Bolsters don't work...acts like the motor is shot or shorted out, for you press the button and nothing engages....On the rear seat, passenger side, there is what appears to be yellow paint. I think it might be some sort of kid paint (since he had small children and can't think of any other reason to have yellow paint) hopefully it comes out easy.

I'll post more details as the project comes along. Tomorrow I plan the remove all the side GFX to see what we're working with and hopefully comeplete the headgasket job since at this point it takes me no time to tear one down.

-Tim

>On the rear seat, passenger side, there is what appears to be yellow paint.

Or a mark made by the checkout clerk at a junk yard...

Back