crank no start, fuel pump doesnt come on and no injector pulse

nova72sc

hi i have a 90 SC just did a FMIC and am trying to get it up and running, i have had this off the road for 2 years, yeah i know it sucks, lol rebuilt the engine and am now ready to start it, it will crank but not start, had no fuel pressure, so at the FP relay i jumped the load circuit and the pump works, now have fuel at the rail, removed plug wire and checeked for spark, have good spark, hooked up noid light and the injectors do not come on, i have a parts car and i swaped out the eec, nothing, swapped out the ircm, still nothing, has fuel, when i first turned the key to the run position the shift light came on, when cranking it went off now it doesnt come on at all. i need to find out what is casuing no fuel pump relay to come on and no injector pulse, also i have swapped the fuel pump relay with a known good one. please i am so close i can taste it i just want my bird back on the road, thanks in advance.!!!! :)

Last edited:
Did you reset the impact safety switch left side in the trunk...?

>rebuilt the engine

Paint anything? Check grounds & ground paths, such as the A/C mount to make sure the DIS can see a clear ground path back to the battery.

Last edited:
hi i have a 90 SC just did a FMIC and am trying to get it up and running, i have had this off the road for 2 years, yeah i know it sucks, lol rebuilt the engine and am now ready to start it, it will crank but not start, had no fuel pressure, so at the FP relay i jumped the load circuit and the pump works, now have fuel at the rail, removed plug wire and checeked for spark, have good spark, hooked up noid light and the injectors do not come on, i have a parts car and i swaped out the eec, nothing, swapped out the ircm, still nothing, has fuel, when i first turned the key to the run position the shift light came on, when cranking it went off now it doesnt come on at all. i need to find out what is casuing no fuel pump relay to come on and no injector pulse, also i have swapped the fuel pump relay with a known good one. please i am so close i can taste it i just want my bird back on the road, thanks in advance.!!!! :)

Bad crank sensor will cause no injector pulse

inertia switch is good and reset, i can get the pump to run, but the control side of my relay is not working, i did paint the engine, and cleaned al surfaces of paint just for that reason and i have 2 extra redundant grounds hoping to not have an electrical problem i am hoping someone out there has had a similar problem that they can relate too, i searched on here for about an hour and a half found similar things, so i went and checked them but still nothing :(

update

update: just swapped out the crank sensor, still no injector pulse, please, need help asap, so close to getting her running!!

Checked the ignition switch on the column...down on the right (not the lock cylinder)...?

wow i feel like an idiot, you guys know the ground next to battery that is a round plug??? that was disconnected, plug that in now i have injector pulse, fuel pump and now the shift light is coming on and goes out when i ma cranking, but it just backfires, so now i need to figure out how to time it, if that is my problem. at least it is progress!!!!!!!!! :)

Back