Remflex Exhaust Gaskets

They should work great. Solid graphite on a steel core is a proven combination, in fact it is exactly what the Felpro 96-98 Mustang gaskets are made from. The Felpro's are a little thin so they won't take up as much of an imperfection as these will though. When I've had warped flanges I use 2 sets of the Felpro together to double both the crush and strength of the gasket (kind of like an MLS gasket for the exhaust).

And if you are careful they are totally re-usable.

I have had these on my car for quite a while with the first generation Hull long tube headers that were not the best fit:

94-99 Mustang 3.8L exhaust manifold gasket (Fel-Pro MS 95528, replaces Ford F5SZ-9448-C), coated steel, use copper gasket sealant.

These might be the same ones David had mentioned.

I also recommend the Stage 8 fasteners on the exhaust, but I believe Doug already uses those. They come in bolts and studs and will NOT back out.

I have had these on my car for quite a while with the first generation Hull long tube headers that were not the best fit:

94-99 Mustang 3.8L exhaust manifold gasket (Fel-Pro MS 95528, replaces Ford F5SZ-9448-C), coated steel, use copper gasket sealant.

These might be the same ones David had mentioned.

I also recommend the Stage 8 fasteners on the exhaust, but I believe Doug already uses those. They come in bolts and studs and will NOT back out.

George,

I've been using the late version Fel-Pro 95528's, but I need something that will do a better job of sealing, I'm hoping these thicker gaskets will do the trick. :)

And I'm going to try some stainless steel Percy's split lock header bolts this time.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Percy%26%23039%3Bs/760/21008/10002/-1

Regards,

I've been searching for perfomance exhaust gaskets for a while. I thought I had found a set made by Percy's, and special ordered them through Summit, but when I got them, the ports were waaaaay too small. :mad:

But I just stumbled upon these from Remflex, and ordered up a set. :D

http://catalog.remflex.com/FORD_Header_Exhaust_Manifold_Gasket_p/rf3044.htm

I'll let everyone know what I think when I get them.

Looks nice. Do you know if the price reflects both or just one gasket? The site says '2/set' which can be interpreted a couple different ways.

Got 'Em

Received a pair. Port size is right. About 4mm thick, so they'll be about 2mm when installed.

Attachments

• HPIM0204.JPG
    HPIM0204.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 205
  • HPIM0206.JPG
    HPIM0206.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 192
Received a pair. Port size is right. About 4mm thick, so they'll be about 2mm when installed.

Did you get these installed? How did they work. I've currently got a warped exhaust manifold and I'm looking at trying these. It's already blown through the standard exhaust manifold gasket that was in the gasket kit when head gaskets were replaced.

Did you get these installed? How did they work. I've currently got a warped exhaust manifold and I'm looking at trying these. It's already blown through the standard exhaust manifold gasket that was in the gasket kit when head gaskets were replaced.

Not yet, but I'm sure they'll do the trick. Got another one of my cars on the lift at the moment.

I've ordered a set of the RemFlex gaskets. Should be here next week. 10x cheaper than replacing a manifold. Will post again once they're installed.

David
'95 SC

I've ordered a set of the RemFlex gaskets. Should be here next week. 10x cheaper than replacing a manifold. Will post again once they're installed.

David
'95 SC

I just received the gaskets. Here's how they look against the stock manifold (94 - 95). Gaskets are round where manifolds are actually flattened along bottom. Hopefully they still seal.

The second pic shows where I marked the gasket openings on the flanges.

Update:

Mechanics decided not to use these gaskets due to fact that I found a new exhaust manifold, and therefore not working with a warped one. Also, they were not that impressed with the gaskets since they aren't that great of a fit to the manifold and the graphite was starting to flake off while being handled. So, used the Fel-Pro exhaust manifold gaskets instead.

Attachments

• Photo  22.jpg
    Photo 22.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Photo  25.jpg
    Photo 25.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
I installed the gaskets lastnight. I didn't see the 50% crush that they claimed, but they look like they'll work nicely with the Kooks shortys. I checked the coverage of the gasket to the primaries before installing (neglected to shoot a pic) and they matched nearly perfectly. I agree they are very fragile and would be easy to crack them.

Attachments

• DSCN3329.JPG
    DSCN3329.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN3337.JPG
    DSCN3337.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I just received the gaskets. Here's how they look against the stock manifold (94 - 95). Gaskets are round where manifolds are actually flattened along bottom. Hopefully they still seal.

The second pic shows where I marked the gasket openings on the flanges.

Update:

Mechanics decided not to use these gaskets due to fact that I found a new right side exhaust manifold, and therefore not working with a warped one. Also, they were not that impressed with the gaskets since they aren't that great of a fit to the manifold and the graphite was starting to flake off while being handled. So, used the Fel-Pro exhaust manifold gaskets instead.

Update on the Remflex gaskets and stock manifolds:

I now have a exhaust leak on the left side around cylinders 5/6. Since the RF3044 gaskets do not fit the stock manifolds very well (port holes are the problem....see earlier posts), I contacted Remflex regarding making one like the stock Fel-pro gaskets. They said they could, but based on tooling, I would have to buy at least 4 sets with total cost of over $150. After several emails back and forth, they recommended their RF3042 gasket and cutting out the port holes with a razor blade or exacto knife. The RF3042 has 1.5" dia. port holes vs the RF3044 which has 1-7/8" port holes. The outside shape and bolt holes of both RF3042 and RF3044 match up exactly the same. I just got the gaskets today, but haven't had a chance to try to cut them yet. The Remflex folks told they are easy to cut. The port holes are smaller than the stock Fel-pro gaskets, so as long as the gasket material is cutable, it should work.

It may be a couple weeks before I have the time to get the gasket replaced, but will post again on how it goes. A pic of the RF3042 is attached.

David

Attachments

• RF3042-1.jpeg
    RF3042-1.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Ok, I finally had a chance to replace the leaking exhaust manifold gasket with the Remflex RF3042 gasket. As noted in the earlier post, this gasket has a smaller port hole than the RF3044 gasket, and can be cut with a razor blade or exacto knife to the correct size for the exhaust manifold ports.

It was easy to cut the gaskets, even though there is a wire mesh in the center of the gasket material. The mesh looks similar to window screen. I got everything put back together and have been driving the car for the past week with no problems. The attached picture shows the gaskets, the one on the top has had the port holes cut to match the manifold port holes. The one on the bottom is the uncut RF3042 gasket.

So, to summarize, use the RF3042 gasket for the stock exhaust manifolds, but use the RF3044 gasket for headers.

Attachments

• rf3042-1.jpg
    rf3042-1.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Back