Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remflex Exhaust Gaskets

Remflex Exhaust Gaskets

I've been searching for perfomance exhaust gaskets for a while. I thought I had found a set made by Percy's, and special ordered them through Summit, but when I got them, the ports were waaaaay too small.

But I just stumbled upon these from Remflex, and ordered up a set.

http://catalog.remflex.com/FORD_Head...t_p/rf3044.htm

I'll let everyone know what I think when I get them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

They should work great. Solid graphite on a steel core is a proven combination, in fact it is exactly what the Felpro 96-98 Mustang gaskets are made from. The Felpro's are a little thin so they won't take up as much of an imperfection as these will though. When I've had warped flanges I use 2 sets of the Felpro together to double both the crush and strength of the gasket (kind of like an MLS gasket for the exhaust).

And if you are careful they are totally re-usable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

I have had these on my car for quite a while with the first generation Hull long tube headers that were not the best fit:

94-99 Mustang 3.8L exhaust manifold gasket (Fel-Pro MS 95528, replaces Ford F5SZ-9448-C), coated steel, use copper gasket sealant.

These might be the same ones David had mentioned.

I also recommend the Stage 8 fasteners on the exhaust, but I believe Doug already uses those. They come in bolts and studs and will NOT back out.

Quote Originally Posted by gldiii View Post
    I have had these on my car for quite a while with the first generation Hull long tube headers that were not the best fit:

94-99 Mustang 3.8L exhaust manifold gasket (Fel-Pro MS 95528, replaces Ford F5SZ-9448-C), coated steel, use copper gasket sealant.

These might be the same ones David had mentioned.

I also recommend the Stage 8 fasteners on the exhaust, but I believe Doug already uses those. They come in bolts and studs and will NOT back out.
    George,

I've been using the late version Fel-Pro 95528's, but I need something that will do a better job of sealing, I'm hoping these thicker gaskets will do the trick.

And I'm going to try some stainless steel Percy's split lock header bolts this time.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Percy%26%23039...21008/10002/-1

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by DLF View Post
    I've been searching for perfomance exhaust gaskets for a while. I thought I had found a set made by Percy's, and special ordered them through Summit, but when I got them, the ports were waaaaay too small.

But I just stumbled upon these from Remflex, and ordered up a set.

http://catalog.remflex.com/FORD_Head...t_p/rf3044.htm

I'll let everyone know what I think when I get them.
    Looks nice. Do you know if the price reflects both or just one gasket? The site says '2/set' which can be interpreted a couple different ways.
    It's only impossible until we do it.

22-year SC owner - '93 SC AOD (non-locking TC). Same car, same original paint!
    Current setup: 12.550 @ 111.09, 1.917 60ft, no bottle.

I believe its for the pair, but we'll see what I receive....

Got 'Em

Received a pair. Port size is right. About 4mm thick, so they'll be about 2mm when installed.

George,

And I'm going to try some stainless steel Percy's split lock header bolts this time.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Percy%26%23039...21008/10002/-1
    Summit shows them as polished and $11 cheaper.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...8&autoview=sku

Quote Originally Posted by pablon2 View Post
    Summit shows them as polished and $11 cheaper.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...8&autoview=sku
    Same item, better price.

Thanks!

Received a pair. Port size is right. About 4mm thick, so they'll be about 2mm when installed.
    Did you get these installed? How did they work. I've currently got a warped exhaust manifold and I'm looking at trying these. It's already blown through the standard exhaust manifold gasket that was in the gasket kit when head gaskets were replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by kendall221 View Post
    Did you get these installed? How did they work. I've currently got a warped exhaust manifold and I'm looking at trying these. It's already blown through the standard exhaust manifold gasket that was in the gasket kit when head gaskets were replaced.
    Not yet, but I'm sure they'll do the trick. Got another one of my cars on the lift at the moment.

I've ordered a set of the RemFlex gaskets. Should be here next week. 10x cheaper than replacing a manifold. Will post again once they're installed.

David
    '95 SC

I ordered a set yesterday morning as well. $42.59 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by kendall221 View Post
    I've ordered a set of the RemFlex gaskets. Should be here next week. 10x cheaper than replacing a manifold. Will post again once they're installed.

David
    '95 SC
    I just received the gaskets. Here's how they look against the stock manifold (94 - 95). Gaskets are round where manifolds are actually flattened along bottom. Hopefully they still seal.

The second pic shows where I marked the gasket openings on the flanges.

Update:

Mechanics decided not to use these gaskets due to fact that I found a new exhaust manifold, and therefore not working with a warped one. Also, they were not that impressed with the gaskets since they aren't that great of a fit to the manifold and the graphite was starting to flake off while being handled. So, used the Fel-Pro exhaust manifold gaskets instead.
    Last edited by kendall221; 04-17-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Update

I installed the gaskets lastnight. I didn't see the 50% crush that they claimed, but they look like they'll work nicely with the Kooks shortys. I checked the coverage of the gasket to the primaries before installing (neglected to shoot a pic) and they matched nearly perfectly. I agree they are very fragile and would be easy to crack them.
    Last edited by pablon2; 04-18-2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Added another pic.