St Louis Racing: no more "street tire only" night @ GIR

I wonder if they will try the same stuff they did a few years ago and make the street-tired cars line up out of the groove (next to the wall)? Back then, I only had street tires and it sucked because you almost smacked the wall everytime you launched with tire spin....now, I'd probably appreciate not having the street-tired cars mess up the groove :p

With the Street car Shootout and Slick tire test & tune being held on the same night, I think you will be able to use whatever tire you want. Looks to me like Gateway is just trying to cut cost by having them both on the same night. I also think it's going to be the high powered cars running on slicks who will suffer the most.

David

PS: Kurt..you might as well go with a full slick now.

I stole this from stlsr

Beginning on Tuesday, March 24, GIR’s Tuesday Street Tires Test-and-Tune and Wednesday Slick Tires and Motorcycles Test-and-Tune programs will be combined into one program held each week on Tuesday. Starting with the Tuesday, March 31 event, the weekly series will include the Street Car Shootout Series, the Doc’s Harley-Davidson Street Bike Shootout and, on previously scheduled dates, High School Eliminator.

The SCSS will again feature three categories including the Street Car Shootout, (for the four quickest entries regardless of configuration), the Sport Tuner Shootout, (for all passenger cars except Rear-Wheel-Drive of eight cylinders or more), and the Super Truck Showdown, (for all utility vehicles). In the Sport Tuner Shootout and in the Super Truck Showdown, the two quickest qualifiers in each category will compete in heads-up eliminations for trophies.

All vehicles compete utilizing Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) approved tires. All other modifications are permitted

David I think you are correct the guys on slicks are not going to like street cars pulling up the glue, maybe they will stay home.

There should be no way to tell the SCSS guys to stay out of the groove...80% of the people running SCSS have purpose built cars on some kind of "cheater slick"

Back