Shorter Condenser

What's being done for mounts (opposite the a/c lines, closest to the i/c) on the shorter condenser? Will it have the rubber blocks like stock or are the stock ones reused?

Art, contacted me last night on the MP version that I ordered, He let me know that final measurements are 8 3/4" vertical if I wanted to stay within the proposed 9" (fin and tube area), So we are making progress, so far so good.

condenser for SIC & DIC.

Does anyone know if the 3 core design will fit with the Aluminum radiator from Raceware? will there be any problems mounting them since not stock radiator?
called him yesterday and that was a question he asked.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the 3 core design will fit with the Aluminum radiator from Raceware? will there be any problems mounting them since not stock radiator?
called him yesterday and that was a question he asked.

The way a radiator mounts shouldn't be a problem. The condenser sits in an area that the radiator doesn't fit, since the top tank of the radiator prevents the radiator from moving very far forward.

the way a radiator mounts shouldn't be a problem. The condenser sits in an area that the radiator doesn't fit, since the top tank of the radiator prevents the radiator from moving very far forward.

i just don't know how it will fit down there. Pertaining more to installing the condenser with the radiator already in there. I guess he was asking if the different size of the condenser will get in the way of the radiator. Will there be any kind of issues with that different radiator or will the condenser fit next to either radiator the same?

i just don't know how it will fit down there. Pertaining more to installing the condenser with the radiator already in there. I guess he was asking if the different size of the condenser will get in the way of the radiator. Will there be any kind of issues with that different radiator or will the condenser fit next to either radiator the same?

The condenser fits in front of the radiator, not next to it. All that this condenser will do is one of two things.

If it is a narrower condenser, it takes up the same space in front of the radiator but no longer extends to the location in front of the factory intercooler.

If it is the shorter condenser, it takes up the same width, but is located higher with a gap below it to work better with those that have Front Mount intercoolers.

As Mike pointed out, it fits in the stock location as your existing condenser so no mounting issues there. If you still have your stock condenser in the car, take a look at it and where it is and that's where the new one will reside also. If you are wondering how it will look, go to the 1st post and look at the pictures and then look at your stock condenser again and you can see what is being changed depending on which condenser you are ordering.

Oh, I should have pictures of the new ones in a couple of days.

As Mike pointed out, it fits in the stock location as your existing condenser so no mounting issues there. If you still have your stock condenser in the car, take a look at it and where it is and that's where the new one will reside also. If you are wondering how it will look, go to the 1st post and look at the pictures and then look at your stock condenser again and you can see what is being changed depending on which condenser you are ordering.

Oh, I should have pictures of the new ones in a couple of days.

Duane, are those part numbers listed in that first post the actual numbers for the three options he is willing to make? I know there was some question what he was willing to make and what each part number was for.

Ira

Duane, are those part numbers listed in that first post the actual numbers for the three options he is willing to make? I know there was some question what he was willing to make and what each part number was for.

Ira

The first one AIRCON 2row is the same,

And for the MP, he should have a different part # for the one I asked to make with the new changes, but i dont have that number yet. Not sure if Duane can grab that. The part # on the first post for the MP was the one he drew up first, before any changes. I think he finished the blue prints on that so one can order that if you really want it, 3 row with 10"~core height.

Last edited:

Ira

I believe so.

The first one AIRCON 2row is the same,
The 3 row Aircon style he added a "P" to the end of the part #s,

I don't think that is quite correct. I believe the one he is making for me with the Parallel Flow core will have the "P" on the end of the 3-row part number.

As far as I know, I have the correct part numbers in the first post. Two pictures have been added to the first post to show the actual units.

I believe so.

I don't think that is quite correct. I believe the one he is making for me with the Parallel Flow core will have the "P" on the end of the 3-row part number.

As far as I know, I have the correct part numbers in the first post. Two pictures have been added to the first post to show the actual units.

Ok I thought you said that he added the the P to the three row yesterday in PM. I did not think it was for the Parallel flow.

Thanks for the update.

Those look really good. Ofcourse the busted stocker behind them makes them extra nice. Did he give you the number for the MP 2row 9in version?

Last edited:
Parallel flow??? Tell me more about that.

Ira

Better cooling. From what Art tells me, a 3-row will out cool a 2-row and a Parallel Flow core will out cool a 3-row (in most cases). Because R134 doesn't cool as well as R12, all the newer cars use a Parallel Flow core to combat that issue.

Any idea what the pressure drop is across each option? I'm sure the 2 row has the least pressure drop of the 3.

Back