Delrin Rear Suspension Bushings

The sale is over, and I'm about done with these.

I currently have enough hardcoat anodized spacers in stock to make 3 LCA Kits and 2 Knuckle Kits.

It takes quite a bit of both time and money to make a batch of spacers, so unless interest picks up quite a bit, I'm not going to invest either. :(

Better get them while you can.

Doug, thanks for a great suspension product. Using your lower control arm and knuckle bushings this year helped in lowering my 60' times to the current best of 1.44.

Mike Siska....... :D

Doug, thanks for a great suspension product. Using your lower control arm and knuckle bushings this year helped in lowering my 60' times to the current best of 1.44.

Mike Siska....... :D

Glad to hear it! What was your previous best?

I have ONE Mark VIII LCA Delrin Bushing Kit left and ONE set of rebuilt knuckles with Delrin Bushings installed.

I think if we ever get the economy picking up, there might be an increase in sales....you're offering a great product, one I'd like to eventually purchase for my heap....I just don't dare spend even a single dollar on my T-bird right now. This is a bit of a problem with owning a T-bird; a lot of cool, must-have parts that have been created by guys like yourself are now off of the market, due to the economy being killed by idiot politicians....and I'm not quite sure why the T-bird platform isn't more widely accepted, as it's really a pretty damn good car, I don't think Ford still has a worthy substitute as how the finished product feels when you're driving it, the main problem with this car is that to the uninformed, it simply puts people to sleep just looking at it.

Beyond that....don't give up just yet.

I've decided to make another batch of Delrin Bushing Kits that should be available to ship near the end of February.

The pricing on a complete kit, for Mark VIII LCA's and Knuckles is $625 shipped (lower 48).

Kits for stock Thunderbird LCA's will also be available on a build to order basis.

I will offer pre-order pricing of $575 for anyone who pays via PayPal personal or Cashier's Check before February 25th. Please PM me if you wish to order.

Also available:

Mark VIII LCA's with Delrin Bushings installed and the required Torx bolts and nuts - $475 shipped (lower 48)

Rebuilt Knuckles with Delrin Bushings installed and new Timken bearings (no hubs) - $475 shipped (lower 48)

I have SC knuckles and LCA's and will be interested in a bushing kit once I get my taxes around Feb 8th...does the kit include all knuckle, LCA, and UCA bushings and how much shipped? $575?

I have SC knuckles and LCA's and will be interested in a bushing kit once I get my taxes around Feb 8th...does the kit include all knuckle, LCA, and UCA bushings and how much shipped? $575?

You can see the kit contents on my website (click the link under my signature).

Yes, $575 shipped (lower 48) is the pre-order price as listed in the post above. After February 25th the price on the complete kit will revert to $625.

The inner UCA bushing is not included.

While it’s certainly possible to make a Delrin UCA bushing, having one will cause other issues. With Delrin bushings in the LCA and Knuckle, any change in the toe setting will move the top of the knuckle fore and aft in relation to the inner UCA mounting point. Without something flexible in the suspension, i.e. the stock UCA bushing, there is a distinct likelihood that the one, or more, of the Delrin Bushings would bind. In order to do it properly, I’d have to redesign the upper knuckle bushing to allow for shimming to cure the bind. It might be possible to slot, or enlarge, one of the UCA mounting holes on both ends enough to cure the bind, but that may not be practical IMHO. Perhaps I’ll take another look at it on one of my cars in the future, but for right now, I’m not going to proceed any further.

Sounds good...I plan to order before the 25th, do I order through your site and get the discount or through you here on SCCoA?

Sounds good...I plan to order before the 25th, do I order through your site and get the discount or through you here on SCCoA?

To get the special pre-order price you can't order through my site, you need to pay as I indicated above.

The aluminum spacers were delivered today to the shop that does the anodizing, so I should be able to resume shipping kits late next week. :D

I will offer pre-order pricing of $575 for anyone who pays via PayPal personal or Cashier's Check before February 25th. Please PM me if you wish to order.

The pre-order pricing offer ends Thursday!

So where is everyone that said they wanted a set?

I've made some more and they're ready to ship.

Back