Bragging rights?

Black89XR7

Today I headed up to Kilkare again for their first Thursday test n tune. I bought a couple bags of ice before i got to the track. When i got there I iced it down for a good 20 minutes and was rewarded with a new best of 14.21 @96.13. So i pulled off again and let it cool and iced it down. I let the sc top, return plenum and intercooler get ice cold before I ran. I ended up running better than i thought I would and got a 14.0244 @ 96.72mph.

Mods are as follows:
Removed air silencer
5% od on supercharger
1 set of gtp rotors with the coating flaking off at the tips
ported 89 blower and plenum

The motor is a fresh rebuild with about 8k miles on it. This is an all stock rebuild, the heads received a 3 angle valve job. Everything else is completely stock exhaust, heads, cam, etc.

I ran the car with a set of worn out bfg drag radials at 15psi. I also removed the passenger seat along with the rear seat.

Total spent on performance mods $110 = 14.0244 @ 96.72mph

Time slip:
DSC03441-.jpg

n508377587_2372524_7788684.jpg

Nice Job! Whats next? Will you keep it stock or will you go for some mods?

Stephen

Exhaust and front mount intercooler are probably next. I do want to see if i can break into the 13's with how it is. I think that with icing it down and launching at a higher rpm(maybe 4k) i should be able to do it because i am almost there. The last run of the night i launched at about 4500 and it slipped a little(14.1849), it probably would have been my best run but my car was heat soaked because all my ice melted from cooling it down on the other runs.

I think this would help kill the 13 mark

http://www.holley.com/16034NOS.asp

or atleast help cool down faster

Nah, I think i just need this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRa...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I so need to port my blower.
Me and my brother ported my blower out with a set of $2 metal burrs from harbor freight. Then we smoothed it out with some sanding rolls. I guess we must have done something right!:D

Last edited:
Travis,

The car is pulling down some very impressive numbers for the very few mods you have. I think a double IC with a fan would be my next mod.

Are you planning to attend the Dayton Spring meet the first weekend in May ? I'll be bringing my turbo car and there should be several other SCs racing at KilKare.

David

Travis,

The car is pulling down some very impressive numbers for the very few mods you have. I think a double IC with a fan would be my next mod.

Are you planning to attend the Dayton Spring meet the first weekend in May ? I'll be bringing my turbo car and there should be several other SCs racing at KilKare.

David

David,
I think I will probably build a front mount intercooler kit for my car next. I can build my own kit for less than it would cost to buy a double intercooler.

I will be attending the may meet this year with my car. I will probably end up bringing it how it is because i wont have any money to throw some mods on it. But hopefully I will be able to break into the 13's with how it is.:D

Back