35th.

What to do with a repairable 35th with 130 on the clock?

• Fix it back to spec and store it and not drive it.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Fix it back to spec and drive it since after the hit it lost its collectible value.

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Fix it with shortcuts and drive it.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Car has no value anyways so do a front end conversion and throw in a 5speed in place of the AUTO

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Autos are not worth as much as the 5spds so spending 4gs to fix it is stupid part it out.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So a new dilema comes about, should I reuse the factory side mouldings or should I leave it off? I will be using the blue pinstrip kit, so that should break up the big door as some of you point out. I dont have a moulding in the front bumper and the rear bumper will have its trim line painted gloss black too. So should I reuse the flat black mouldings?

I'm leaning towards no moulding...........

Last edited:
start cashing in your bottles and cans.....

I'd say leave the moldings off now, and decide later, you can always toss them back on, or have them painted gloss black to match the body later. My car had them painted gloss black, which I perfered over the flat style.

I think it's cool that they are painting the entire thing. It would have never looked perfect if only a few parts were done. I don't think 20year old paint could ever be matched correctly with a fresh coat. At a minimum, they would have to clear the whole car, at least now they are fixing all the other areas too.

Too bad they didn't pull off the ground effects and window trim, but I think if it's taped off good, it'll come out nice.

I think Ill be ok without too much pulling of course it would be better to but that takes time and he knows this is not a masterpiece car. They paint really good so I hope its all good. If I had known I would have pulled the pieces myself and taken my time like I did on the other side, but too late now. If I have them pull the stuff I will end up with broken clips and retainers and plastics. They probably dont know the car that well anymore since they likely have not fixed one up retail for a while.

Car is all dusty but fresh paint is on. :) Ignore the seats the bolster came undone I just have to retuck it.

0d1c16bd979d__1258445543000.jpeg

1d7134e59099__1258445593000.jpeg

cce355cb1a9e__1258445561000.jpeg

Thanks.

I am still waiting on the stripes to come in. I was hoping to install them on a warmer day, as the weather gets colder I am leary of doing it in cold weather and not having them last.

Funny thing is that I have not driven the car yet, on the streets. My buddy who is a cop has been the one moving it around from place to place. He brought it home and took it to the shop. I only drove it up and down the driveway. So I cant wait..He told me the car is solid and feels very smooth.

Cant wait to put the wheels on too. It should really set off the car.

Last edited:
Called the shop up and the car is ready. So trying to make arrangements for PU. Yay. Stripes are supposed to have gotten shipped yesterday. The guy hickupped and forgot to send make them and send them. So I hope to get them next week. This weekend ill be busy putting it back together and doing the hub swap. So Ill be in the garage if anyone needs me.

I also picked up a cheap Radio from WALMART :eek: on sale for $125.00 shipped. It plays DVDs and has AUX inputs. It claims to have Preamp front and rear channels so I will be using those and a Factory JBL sound integration harness. So i dont have to redo the sound system. Im not sure how well it will work so we will see once i put it in there. I am not sure if pre-amp feeds will have enough power to drive the factory amp but Metra claims it works.

0087569000476_AV_500X500.jpg

Please put 97 black door handles on it! the factory ones look dull and crappy that is why I changed mine. The rest of it looks great. Makes me wish I still had mine.

Thanks me too.

The car is now at home i had to wake up early to go grab it. Needed a new battery so I purchased one from the shop/dealer It says MOPAR on it LOL. I gotta peel the sticker off. I got my weekend cut out for me. for sure.

The ABS light is on so that was depressing to see I dont know squat about the Teves II system so I gotta dig into that already. I read posts about deleting the ABS but seems like most suggest to not do it. So I gotta see how technical the problem is.

Last edited:
Im tired, 10am to midnight saturday. 11am to 8pm today. And I did not get to finish. But i think its paying off. Some preview pics. I washed the black paint but not the GFX so they are all dusty still :mad: they show on the photos.

Anniversary003-1.jpg

Anniversary005-1.jpg

Anniversary014-1.jpg

Anniversary013-1.jpg

Anniversary012-1.jpg

Anniversary009-1.jpg

Anniversary008-1.jpg

Anniversary006-1.jpg

Anniversary005-1.jpg

Cool deal, get some better pictures in the day time so we can all see the side view of the car with those rims. I'd say hold off on washing the car for a while. Nothing stinks more than fresh, soft paint and swirl marks:rolleyes:

Cool deal, get some better pictures in the day time so we can all see the side view of the car with those rims. I'd say hold off on washing the car for a while. Nothing stinks more than fresh, soft paint and swirl marks:rolleyes:

Thanks Jay for pressing the hubs. You have been an invaluable help for me. The loose one tightened up when I torqued down the nut.
I broke a sway link and I had to try to take on off the parts car. Not fun when the threads are all corroded on the parts car. I did get it off after 20 minuted of back and forth turning.
Rear swap is done but the front need to be done now. I also have to install the antenna motor and realign the door since its spacing is a little off.
I need to get some fog lights too. They changed the design of them from 90 to 91 and they dont interchange I did not know this detail. Actually you start to notice lots of little changed Ford changed. Like the trunk carpeting does not have the plastic cover that hides the end where it meets the trunk seal near the latch. The JBL sub has a removable cover and the later ones are one piece. Sunroof switch is different ect. Lost of little changes.

And KUDOS to black car owners you are the biggest slave to paint car in the world. Finger prints are EVIL.

Back