Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: od pullies

od pullies

what is the max od pully that i can put on a stock motor. also what are some good upgrades that i can do right when i get my motor its out of a 94 or 95 any help would be great

I would say a 5% would be alright.....

Some guys are running 10% with no problems.....

When you start getting up around those numbers, it would be best to get a better flowing exhaust system.....

The best this you can do is port the collector at the ends of the exhaust manifolds.....

How many miles on the motor? Agree with the big, more boost is going to need a minimum of good exhaust. A fan on the IC would help also.

the car has i belive like 106ooo i was thinking about getting a diffrent pully also what about getting headers instead of porting the collectors what about diffrent tb and injectors how much would that help. sry but iam new to the whole forced induction thing

First priority for you is to get the exhaust done, mainly get rid of that resonator if nothing else. No need for headers, there's guys running well over 300rwhp running off the stock manifolds that have had the exit ported.

At maximum, don't run more than 5% OD, especially with a stock intercooler with a fan. As that stands your still going to lose some power for any sprints longer than about 10 seconds because everything will get so hot quickly and the computer will pull timing.

Finally, before you go out and start buying up stuff to install, pick a target goal for your car such as 300rwhp and stick to it until you reach it. With a known target, there's plenty of knowledge here from several folks that can help you get there without wasting money on needless upgrades that won't get you anything.

Fraser

will i be able to use my stock mustang exhaust after with no resonator on the supercoupe exhaust manifolds i would like to be at the 300rwhp and about the same torque what could i do to acheive this goal

Quote Originally Posted by blackstalion232 View Post
    will i be able to use my stock mustang exhaust after with no resonator on the supercoupe exhaust manifolds i would like to be at the 300rwhp and about the same torque what could i do to acheive this goal
    You can bolt on just about everything there is available for the SC engine in performance mods and not make 300wrhp. Only two ways you hit and or exceed 300 at the wheels. Installing a cam and performance heads will get you there with a minimum amount of add ons. The other is install a twin screw blower like one of Dave Dalkes ARs and a minimum of add on mods. Doing the cam and heads or just a twin screw blower you will still need at a minimum the following

1 A free flowing exhaust
    2 Bigger injectors to meet the fuel needs
    3 A better IC to cool the mix
    4 A bigger TB and MAF to get the air into the blower
    5 A chip to reprogram your computer and a tuner to program it
    6 A 5% J/S pulley at most

Dont think anyone has hit the 300 mark though without a cam & head. An AR on a fairly stock engine will be a big jump from stock but regardless a chip and tune is needed once you start getting further away from the stock settings. Cost money to go fast

Ken

Long tube headers for a Mustang are cheaper and easier to install than in an SC. I wouldn't waste time with ported manifolds when you can get ceramic long tubes for $300.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Long tube headers for a Mustang are cheaper and easier to install than in an SC. I wouldn't waste time with ported manifolds when you can get ceramic long tubes for $300.
    Interesting. Do you know of anybody running Mustang V6 Long tubes?

Thomas,

It is my understanding he is running a Mustang. So for him it would be easy.

As for Mustang long tubes on an SC, not so easy. I bought a set last year for $75 I plan to try and modify. I will post the results when done.

Thomas,

It is my understanding he is running a Mustang. So for him it would be easy.

As for Mustang long tubes on an SC, not so easy. I bought a set last year for $75 I plan to try and modify. I will post the results when done.
    Ah. Let me know how it turns out. You can get the 'Pypes' long tubes for $175~!!!

I bought them from a guy who intended to use them on an SC. He said the passenger bolted it without issue but the drivers side had the ubes running where the steering shaft is. From a preliminary look. I think I can cat them at the collector and at the first curve and alter the pipes to go around the shaft.

I bought them from a guy who intended to use them on an SC. He said the passenger bolted it without issue but the drivers side had the ubes running where the steering shaft is. From a preliminary look. I think I can cat them at the collector and at the first curve and alter the pipes to go around the shaft.
    Take some pictures of your work in progress and what you final solution is. I am intrested in that project considering the price of Kooks

Ken

Will do Keny. When I do the headers, I will take a step by step of the work.

that would be cool ide like to see that as well how would a front mount fair instead of the stock location for the intercooler also is there ny kits for the sc to relocate it to the front