How has everyone set their TV cable?

How have you set your TV cable?

• Whats a TV cable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenewagner

You guys like Ricardo and Ira can just sit this poll out:D Just curious how everyone has set their TV cable on their AOD. I have been told to just set it out to the maximum travel. The thread on the TCCoA has it 5/16 inch back on the square shaft from the maximum travel. Whats the consensus

Ken

TV cable... get it?

You need a 3rd option.. 1 notch at a time until satisified which is how I adjust mine.

We dont get TV in Nebraska yet, still listing to the radio:rolleyes::D

What determined your satisfaction and where did you start, at the min or the max setting?

Ken

TV cable... get it?

You need a 3rd option.. 1 notch at a time until satisified which is how I adjust mine.

My method was something like that.

I asked the transmission shop to check it. It came back from them upshifting way too early and flaring RPMs on acceleration downshifts. So I cranked it up a little, till I thought it was working right. Not the best method, but well, the transmission was a $200 used model.

Tight as possible gives it the right shifting points, If it's to lose it feels like it shifts to early.

I hate when I drive to the corner and it shifts just as i need to hit the breaks and slow down grr.

Jerry

Gauge on the TV port and use Rotunda tool at the adjuster block. Set it at about 30-34psi with tool installed. Should drop to zero with tool removed.

What determined your satisfaction and where did you start, at the min or the max setting?

Basically whichever notch which lines up with the unloaded tension in the cable. That would be the min setting. Drive it around and if I feel like it takes too much throttle to get it to down shift, I tighten it up (more tension) by about 2 notches. Drive around for a day or 2. If it then feels too quick to downshift or its too harsh on the upshift, I loosen it by a notch or 2.

Gauge on the TV port and use Rotunda tool at the adjuster block. Set it at about 30-34psi with tool installed. Should drop to zero with tool removed.
Thats consistent with what I do but without the guage... the rotunda tool pulls the cable tighter by a fixed amount and when removed allows the TV valve to go to its outer stop position.. (hence no tension in the cable).

I set mine up with no slack in the cable.....

Drive it around, then adjust it a little tighter (2 clicks).....

Repeat until I am satisfied......:D

Back