would u trade a modded 94gt for a 94-95 sc

bradklitzg

i have a chance to. i cant decide? are these cars a real pain in the ~~~? it comes with ported heads and coy miller cam not installed. mine has a new cam installed.

You need to look into the SC further and see what has been done and not. You can not thrash an SC like you can a mustang and if you don't have the money to replace or repair. Keep the mustang.

mine being the sc in question... lol, its a 95 sc 5 speed, 141k, taken good care of, maintained well. like any sane driver, i show mechanical empathy, but that doesnt mean i drive it slow. ;)

needs a few minor susp. bits, such as strut rod bushings and endlinks. second gear synchro in the transmission is toast.

new battery, alternator, diff bushings, egr valve and dpfe sensor, all teflon IC gaskets, new iac and tps, replaced a collapsed lifter and with that the intake and wp gaskets, valve cover gaskets, and replaced all the power steering seals. had a recent systems flush, ps, trans, coolant.

has a full true dual exhaust with 2" catless downtubes, and mandrel bent duals through a pair of thrush glasspacks and a pair of flowtech welded mufflers at the rear.

interior is good, other than typical seperation on the back of the rear seats, and seperation at the top of the ds bolster. few stains in the carpet, and the sunroof leaked and stained up the rear of the headliner.

outside has a handful of scratches and dings, a larger dent/scrape from a careless driver in a parking lot rubbing my door with their bumper. hood has a fair few rock chips (it has 141k, and its original paint, what do ya expect ;))

bumpers were resprayed due to a minor fender bender by the previous owner, just a paint swap, no physical damage was done to the vehicle. original paint otherwise, and all in good condition with no fading, peeling or chipping.

underbody has some surface rust on the susp. components, and along the seams, its a kansas/missouri car.

it is by no means a pristine, low mile cream puff, if the op is lookign for one, he can keep on looking. but it is a decent looking, good driving, maintained and reliable sc... would take a beat up car that has been maintained and cared for over a 2k mile garage queen that hasnt been started in years ANY day.

also, the OP failed to mention that his gt has some pretty gnarly body damage to the drivers side from an encounter with a deer, and unpainted cobra front bumper and an unpainted cobra hood, CAI, cam, and exhaust.

in order to get a fair poll, you might want to tell all the details, bro. no harm no foul.

a 94 mustang is about as rare as a big mac and twice as cheesy:D
Sounds like both need a lot of work, why trade? I could see if it was a convetrtable or something, but it's like what you have but with 2 more cans under the hood and alot less comfortable..

Up to you, I don't really see the point. To help people get a better idea put up pics!!

I have a 95 5.0 and two sc's as much as i love the sc i would not trade the gt for one. Sc's are alot more expensive to keep on the road! I have 250k one one of my sc's and 215k on the GT and i have to honestly say the GT has been alot less hassle to keep on the road. sc rides alot better and is a little better gas milleage but that is ofset by buying premium so it works out about the same. I bought the gt with 65k on it seven years ago and have beat the crap out of the motor and have never had to do anything to the engine other than stuff i've wanted to do. My sc's break stuff when i get to mean to them! i am by no means saying that i dont like them but if its your only car i wouldnt do it! The only thing i've actually had go bad on the GT was breaks, tires, clutch and rear-end got very sloppy had to be rebuilt. I dont have enough room here to tell you alll the things i've had to do to the sc before i hit 200k :) its kinda love hate thing really but if you have another car for a DD then go for it! if not keep the gt

Isn't '94 the 1st year they put the 4.6 in the Mustangs? Didn't have like 100 HP??? LOL!

OOPS, I was incorrect...

"Engine choices were also pared down to two for '94. Base Mustangs (no more LX, just Mustang) got a fuel-injected development of the 3.8-liter Essex V6 rated at 145 horsepower. The Mustang GT got a revised version of the 5.0-liter V8 with a flatter intake manifold that was rated at 215 horsepower. The disappointingly low-output rating of the V8 made many suspect that the '93 5.0's down-rating to 205 horsepower was done in a relatively shallow attempt to mitigate any outcry resulting from the squashed intake's stealing power from the '94 5.0-liter. Both engines could be mated to either five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmissions."

Last edited:
96 was the first year of the 4.6 NPI 225hp/240hp irk. My friend bought a 96 around the time i got my 95 and at the track the 4.6 actually performed a little better. BUT it took alot more money for him to make it faster than it did to mod the 5.0 . 99+ mustangs have the PI 4.6 and that does outperform the earlier 5.0's in stock form

Isn't '94 the 1st year they put the 4.6 in the Mustangs? Didn't have like 100 HP??? LOL!

OOPS, I was incorrect...

"Engine choices were also pared down to two for '94. Base Mustangs (no more LX, just Mustang) got a fuel-injected development of the 3.8-liter Essex V6 rated at 145 horsepower. The Mustang GT got a revised version of the 5.0-liter V8 with a flatter intake manifold that was rated at 215 horsepower. The disappointingly low-output rating of the V8 made many suspect that the '93 5.0's down-rating to 205 horsepower was done in a relatively shallow attempt to mitigate any outcry resulting from the squashed intake's stealing power from the '94 5.0-liter. Both engines could be mated to either five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmissions."

Ok never mind here.

Ford retired the 302cu overhead-valve small-block V8 after nearly 40 years of use, replacing it with the newer Modular 4.6 L (281 cid) SOHC V8 in the 1996 Mustang GT. The 4.6 L V8 was initially rated at 215 hp (160 kW; 1996-1997) but was later increased to 225 hp (168 kW; 1998).[

"(142 kW; 1999-2004)[25] while the Mustang GT's 4.6 L V8 saw an increase in output to 260 hp (194 kW; 1999-2004), thanks to a new head design and other enhancements"

keep the gt, like someone said its been around for fourty something years parts are easier to come by. and a plus side this means you can mod the crap out of it. put a 347 stroker and power adder and youll be keeping up with termis if not better, oh and do you have the stock 2.73 rear gears?

yes.. keep the gt you decided not to mentioned has been WRECKED, with SIGNIFICANT damage to the unibody panels.

i have two 95 5-speeds now so neyah. :p

I would probably without hesitation trade one of my sc's for a nice gt. Then put the sc back to stock..

, with SIGNIFICANT damage to the unibody panels.

You know Tyler i have to reply to every comment you make:)

but in all seriousness this is one thing people often say that really ignores me some times. I honestly do not know why.. But usually when people reference"Unibody panels" they are referring to frame damage. But in all reality that comment makes little sense;Because, in a unibody construction every component of the vehicle holds part of the structural integrity of the vehicle, so when you say significant damage to the unibody panels what do you mean because in literal terms you could mean any were from a Cracked windshield to a completely smashed Quarter panel with twist damage to the frame.......

P.s Yes, I do realize that in most mondern Unibody constructions usually items such as chin spoilers, Spoilers, air dams and even bumper covers are not integrated in to the construction but they often are designed to support them self so they do not compromize the intergrity of the vehicle ethier and please ignore the fact this contradicts my entire first paragraph

-Jon

P.s X2 I love spell check really i do

you know what i meant dillhole :p

the rear quarter behind the door, the door, all the plastic moulding around the top of the door, and the drivers fender would have to be replaced. not what i wanna mess with.

of course, this is after picking up an sc where someone chickened out halfway through the headgasket job..... jsut a shortblock sitting in there with everything else in the trunk.

Back