issues with people registering????

tydlwavs

I have received notes from people who attempted to register here, but were unable to do so. Is there someone I can refer these guys to....the are trying to post to buy cars any other items, but can't.

Due to the number of spam users we have every registrant is put in a moderation queue until we can review the registration. Plus due to spam filters on many email accounts, people either never receive the veriifcation email or never respond to it.

We are working on removing the moderation queue, but people must set their email accounts to receive email from "sccoa.com".

They can contact me at my email below if they cannot get logged in.

hi george i have emailed you about me paying for memberships twice and never recieving any acsess to the members forums? you have not returned my email, my email is kevins_1972_nova@msn.com
thanks

This thread is about registering for the forums, not about member access. Info on memberships is always here:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82622

We are way behind in processing memberships. If you have a PayPal receipt then we have received your dues and will process them as soon as we can. If we have taken too long to process your dues, the only thing I have to offer is a refund at this point in time. Email me at the address below if you want a refund or if you have paid by mail and need me to validate receipt of your check or Money Order.

Due to the number of spam users we have every registrant is put in a moderation queue until we can review the registration. Plus due to spam filters on many email accounts, people either never receive the veriifcation email or never respond to it.

We are working on removing the moderation queue, but people must set their email accounts to receive email from "sccoa.com".

They can contact me at my email below if they cannot get logged in.

Make new users fill out a complex captcha during sign-up, clearly state they have to confirm their membership via email from SCCoA.com, send them that confirmation email, then wallah... new user. If they are too stupid to make sure they got the email from SCCoA.com, well that's their own damn fault isn't it? If they end up being a spammer, delete the post(s) and ban/ip-ban the account. Otherwise, having a user wait in queue to post is akin to saying, "We don't care about you or your business."

I have received notes from people who attempted to register here, but were unable to do so. Is there someone I can refer these guys to....the are trying to post to buy cars any other items, but can't.

thanks alot bro, dont know what I would have did without youtube:D
anyway, yeah the que thing is (removed by admin), made me miss out on a set of built heads for the cheaps:(

Make new users fill out a complex captcha during sign-up, clearly state they have to confirm their membership via email from SCCoA.com, send them that confirmation email, then wallah... new user. If they are too stupid to make sure they got the email from SCCoA.com, well that's their own damn fault isn't it? If they end up being a spammer, delete the post(s) and ban/ip-ban the account. Otherwise, having a user wait in queue to post is akin to saying, "We don't care about you or your business."

I had a mistype because I made a new email account just for this site and I switched the Sc94 to 94Sc so my original conformation email got sent to some other super coupe owner, hopefully they wont have heard of this site and will sign up with some valuable info for everyone

Back