2009 SC Shootout Location/Date

XR7 Dave

More info is coming but for those needing to make plans now, the Shootout is going to be held at Muncie Dragway in Albany, Indiana. Dates are locked in - October 2-3-4 with racing on the 4th..... Hotel is arranged, more details coming up very soon.

For those planning vacations etc. in advance, this date is firm.

See ya there!

More info is coming but for those needing to make plans now, the Shootout is going to be held at Muncie Dragway in Albany, Indiana. Dates are locked in - October 2-3-4 with racing on the 4th..... Hotel is arranged, more details coming up very soon.

For those planning vacations etc. in advance, this date is firm.

See ya there!

What happen to Dayton Ohio? Indiana is closer to me so thats a good thing:D

Ken

WooHoo. Thats even closer to the Marauder event that same weekend.:) Which I should be at. Not as far of a drive from that to this.:D

The main reason I'm goin over there is they are taking a lap around The Brickyard. I just hope they do that on wednsday or thursday so I don't miss the SC events.

See ya'll there!

It's too bad that Kilkare boned us. We really had that site dialed in with a decent track, great dyno facility and last year an awesome car show. Of course I kind of like getting to experience different tracks as well.

Either way it's going to be a blast!!!!

For those flying in it looks like Indianapolis Int'l Airport is the closest to Albany. About a hour and a half drive according to google. :)

I was looking at Albany, IN and the Muncie Dragway on Google Earth. Looks like a nice place. The track appears to be 2-3 miles west of the town. Even more interesting is a house off the highway approximately 1 mile east of the dragway that has the largest pool I have ever seen!! Check it out. About a mile or so west of town, half way between the drag srip and the edge of town. Looks like about 500,000 gallon pool. Huge!!!

Last edited:
Well, its 11 more miles than Dayton. Not sure if I can swing all that distance, but I will see if the old bird will make it.

Matt

Hope to be there, might even have a new truck soon so I might wimp out and trailer the car down for peace of mind.

Bruce

Back