engine rebuild soon need part #s

trav91sc

I'm going to start my first engine rebuild and need to know what I need and part numbers if possible. I do know I need head studs but not sure of part number, complete gasket set. I want to run the largest cam with stock heads that will be ported. The car is a 91 sc but sounds like a diesl. I have a short block to replace the lower internals. All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the short block SWS.

Travis

Last edited:
personally id say only run a mild cam slightly above stock, you dont want to do too much cause then you have to start changing everything around including the ecu

I'm going to start my first engine rebuild and need to know what I need and part numbers if possible. I do know I need head studs but not sure of part number, complete gasket set. I want to run the largest cam with stock heads that will be ported. The car is a 91 sc but sounds like a diesl. I have a short block to replace the lower internals. All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the short block SWS.

Travis

I would talk to Dalke and get his recommendation. I installed a small cam when I installed the last engine. It was better than stock but it is really limiting me right now. That was my choice. I have another engine being assembled by Dave Dalke and to be straight forward, no one know these cars better than him. You will likely get a bunch of do this or do that. Go to the knowledgeable guy.

Ken

I would talk to Dalke and get his recommendation. I installed a small cam when I installed the last engine. It was better than stock but it is really limiting me right now. That was my choice. I have another engine being assembled by Dave Dalke and to be straight forward, no one know these cars better than him. You will likely get a bunch of do this or do that. Go to the knowledgeable guy.

Ken

Hey Ken... who is Dalke and whats his number... I'm building up my ride too...

Xr7dave / dave dalke

Do a search for him. Then click on one of his posts. On bottom of his posts is a link to email him.

I am in contact with Dalke about the heads and cam. I still need part #s for ring bearing and anything else anyone can think of.

Travis

Dalke can provide you both with the numbers, and likely the parts. Just tell him what you are trying to do and ask him what you need, and what he can provide.

Back