Time for tear down car is in the garage

trav91sc

523.jpgNow that the car is in the garage how about a tear down weekend the weekend after fathers day.Which is the 27 & 28 of June. Post up if this works for everyone that can come up or down to help.

Travis

Last edited:
might be able to. you got a shortblock? btw, after everything is picked through, if you want the body of the 95 for sheet metal, 50 bucks and its yours.

The hood is off and the cowl. so she's ready for the tear down other than getting the fluids drained.

Travis

did you blow hg's finally, or was this the knock you had?

just curious, because i had what i thought was a knock when warm.. turned out to be a collapsed lifter. i have an extra... :D a 7 dollar lifter is cheaper than a 300 dollar shortblock.

Its a knock it starts as soon as it is started. The short block was free from SWS I'm using the internals from that in my block and doing some extras from there.

Travis

I just got the prices for everything for the rebuild from Dave and about crapped my pants with the total of $2500.

Here is the list

Complete Gasket set with MLS Head Gaskets $225
Bearings $100
Timing Chain & Tensioner $65
Lifters $100
Roller Rockers $235
Chrome Moly Push Rods $80
ARP Head Studs $85
H/V Oil Pump $85
Forged Wiseco Pistons & Rings .030 over $450
Cam Regrind $175
Intake Porting $150
Heads Stage 1 Porting & Big Valves $750
Grand Total $2500

So what do you guys think?

Travis

I think if you've got the money, your having someone do the work who knows the motor quite well.

Unless you know someone local that you trust to do the work - I'd go with Dave.

-Melon

I think if you've got the money, your having someone do the work who knows the motor quite well.

Unless you know someone local that you trust to do the work - I'd go with Dave.

-Melon

I plan on doing everything but the heads and intake porting.

Travis

felpro blues will seal better than mls gaskets, and dont require a completely perfect mating surface. theres guys running 450 hp on blues and arp studs.

felpro blues will seal better than mls gaskets, and dont require a completely perfect mating surface. theres guys running 450 hp on blues and arp studs.
I don't buy the "will seal better than mls gaskets", but I will completely agree that the mating surface has to be much smoother when running mls gaskets.

Is this still on for the 26 & 27th?

I can't make it Friday but things are looking good for Saturday.

I can make it on Saturday but Sunday will be out.

Have you heard from anyone else?

Do you still want the rear bumper cover?

I just planned Sunday if we need it. Yes I still want the bumper cover. No I haven't heard from everyone else Dwayne posted he could make it Danny PMed me said he should be able to make it also.

Travis

Back