Time for tear down car is in the garage

I saw my schedule this morning and I'm in for Saturday. What time is this getting started? Is Danny still bringing the hoist?

I saw my schedule this morning and I'm in for Saturday. What time is this getting started? Is Danny still bringing the hoist?

Havnt heard any more other than the PM from Danny and he said he could bring the hoist. Lets get started around 10:00 A.M.

Travis

I just got the prices for everything for the rebuild from Dave and about crapped my pants with the total of $2500.

Here is the list

Complete Gasket set with MLS Head Gaskets $225
Bearings $100
Timing Chain & Tensioner $65
Lifters $100
Roller Rockers $235
Chrome Moly Push Rods $80
ARP Head Studs $85
H/V Oil Pump $85
Forged Wiseco Pistons & Rings .030 over $450
Cam Regrind $175
Intake Porting $150
Heads Stage 1 Porting & Big Valves $750
Grand Total $2500

So what do you guys think?

Travis

I personally would spend the extra money on a billet cam, no guarantees on a regrind. I also notice no rods in the package.

As mentioned, I won't be able to leave Blue Springs until around 10:00 so I'll see everyone there when I get there.

I'd come up, but I am stuck going to a wedding with the wife saturday. :( Trust me, I would much rather be there.

-Joel

Thanks for all the help Jim, Danny & Dwayne. The motor is out and ready to start tear down found a few things wrong after we got it up out of the car. Two bolts were broken on the crank pulley and it looks like afew of the valves were in the process of failing.

Travis

A couple pic's from the day.

Attachments

• PICT3276.jpg
    PICT3276.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 263
  • PICT3277.jpg
    PICT3277.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 264
  • PICT3279.JPG
    PICT3279.JPG
    369.3 KB · Views: 273
Welll...What was wrong?

SWS

There were two bolts on the crank pull broken dont know about the internials I have not had time to tear in to it just yet. plan on doing some Friday if I get off work early and hopefully the rest Sunday. We also think there is some thing wrong with the converter there is a patteren of the bolts that hold the flywheel on in it.

Travis

That means there is not/was not enough stal built into it. You need a larger converter/higher stall and better at that.

Is the balancer broken? That COULD be the source of the knock.

SWS

No the balancer was not broke it is a BHJ that doesnt even have 5000 miles on it. What was broken was two of the bolts that bolt the pully to the balancer. As for the conventer it is factory as far as I know.

Travis

The converter baloons when it gets hot and is overworked. SO, think about an additonal cooler AND filter to help keep the longevity of the tranny AND the aftermarket converter that you are apparently going to get:D.

SWS

Back