10% od pulley and exhaust?

sb94supercoupe

my supercoupe is completely stock. i was looking for the best bang for the buck performance for my car. i know the stock exhaust is really restrictive so i was thinking about the catless downtubes from supercoupe performance for $165. that should free up the exhaust cause the cats are very restrictive right? after i do that i should be able to get the 10% supercharger od pulley for $85? it seems that would be the best move but im not too sure.

The exhaust is awful. The biggest restriction will be in you mufflers and the resonator. I put a cat-back on a V6 LX and it was a noticeable difference. Not huge, but since I drove it all the time I could tell it was different. The cats probably won't help you by themselves. Ford uses the honeycomb style, which is the high flowing kind. I am using some Magnaflow cats on my MPX setup. The 90 degree bend before the one cat is the biggest problem. I would do the catback first.

10% seems to be the smallest pulley the stock M90 likes to run before it gets too inefficient.

The exhaust is awful. The biggest restriction will be in you mufflers and the resonator. I put a cat-back on a V6 LX and it was a noticeable difference. Not huge, but since I drove it all the time I could tell it was different. The cats probably won't help you by themselves. Ford uses the honeycomb style, which is the high flowing kind. I am using some Magnaflow cats on my MPX setup. The 90 degree bend before the one cat is the biggest problem. I would do the catback first.

10% seems to be the smallest pulley the stock M90 likes to run before it gets too inefficient.

Well the downtubes that scp sells run from the exhaust manifold to a little before the resonator, so that would remove the 90 degree bend your talking about as well as the cats. I don't want to change the resonator and mufflers because thats how you end up sounding like some ricer car.

the resonator is the worst restriction in the stock system. followed by the cats. get the downtubes from scp and then look for a 2.25" dual in/2.5" single out resonator (flowmaster, magnaflow, dynomax). the stock mufflers are fine until later down the road.

do u have a 94 SC ? i would say get a 5% pulley and try that first. the late model superchargers came with a bigger factory pulley than the early models. 5% od on an early model sc is about 7 or 8% od on a later model. so i would do a 5%. i hope u get what i mean.

then for about $30 go to, i think its siliconeintakes.com and get a 8" intercooler fan from them.

sb94supercoupe;816713 I don't want to change the resonator and mufflers because thats how you end up sounding like some ricer car.[/QUOTE said:
The resonator is the biggest choke point on a stock exhaust, look at the exit of it and you'll see it looks like a hour glass or a woman with big boobs, tiny waist and big hips.......................:rolleyes:

You're better off leaving the stock downtubes and replacing the resonator if you're only going to replace one thing.

Back