New time

fturner

Went to TMP last night and set a new time...

ET was 14.142 @ 98.72.

On average though the car ran consistently in the 14.22x range and trapping on average at 99.3 mph. That includes 8 back-to-back runs without even sitting in the staging lanes. The car is rock solid consistent if anything.

The one area that is suffering is the 60 foots averaging 2.2x's. Track prep sucked and no matter how much I feathered the throttle the tires spun, unless I went like the dodge charger's there did and granny launched the car :D.

She's fighting me to break into the 13's, but gosh darn it she's gonna be there this year if I have to get out and push her.

Fraser

Real progress there. That's great to hear. Get those tires!

Ira

Seriously, I guess it is time for me to look at some tires. With the trap speeds I'm getting, if I can hook up, the car should be able to run mid 13's as it sits now. Its my biggest problem right now.

Dave recommends I step up since I do so much "testing" and datalogging with the car, hopefully for the benefit of the club, I need to establish a constant base to work from. One thing I need to rule out of the equation is the launching of the car, and running proper tires will help. I've out grown street tires obviously and its hurting the car.

In the next few weeks I'm installing a few more little enhancements, which will only aggrevate the problem with the existing tires.

I'm all about maximizing efficiency of the motor and making everything work together in harmony without throwing everything and anything at the car, and I think I've done a good job so far :). I just keep forgetting about that stupid little half a square foot of contact to the world that can make or break you :D.

Now if only I had an AR to dial in... whoa talk about wicked!!!!!

Fraser

ps. Dave has helped alot with the ideas and theories, even though at first he was... kind of doubtfull :p, but I think its panning out.

I'm taking any donations towards these tires to better the cause LOL!!!!!! just joking.

you and i seem kinda close in power. my trap was a 96.6 but time was 14.8. and we had the same 60' time.

i'm going to be getting some 15" lx rims and probably some 27 X 10.5 bias-plys.

after a dyno and chip re-burn by dave. i hope that will put down 13's.

Your getting closer Fraser, Keep at it man 13"s are just around the corner.
( Or in Whitby sitting in my basement ):D
Let me know next time you are going.
Drew

That's a good enough MPH to get into the 13's. I would do what Dennis Head said and VHT the tires.

Street tires are murder to a starting line and too hard of a composition to hook too well, anyways. Try it out sometime. You'll get there!

Good work, sir.

Yep! Like Cmac said the street tires just dont hook that well and please dont do what some idiots at the local track due and "burnout" in the water box with their street tires! LOL

LOL! no I don't do the burn out thing. I go around the water.

I'm looking into getting a set of MT ET Street Radials... might as well do it right ;).

Fraser

LOL! no I don't do the burn out thing. I go around the water.

I'm looking into getting a set of MT ET Street Radials... might as well do it right ;).

Fraser

I always have FAST class in mind, with your car. The right way would be slicks.;)

Back