what to get 13.9

roworld

I have a 90 sc, I took it to the the track a little over a month ago and ran a 15.4 @ 89mph. What will I need to do to get at lease a 13.99 pass. The is stock.

I have a 90 sc. What will I need to do to get at lease a 13.99 pass.

Umm alot of $$:D
Here is a link to a recent thread by a member with the same car as you (are you auto or stick?)...trying to reach the elusive 13's

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107544

Check out his member page and look at what he has done so far, and what his best time is currently.

These cars are hot and heavy, expensive to fix and a biotch to work on..good luck sir.:D

it doesn't take much at all to get 13's. a 94-95 m90. a good exhaust with no cats. and a N/A 3.8l engine. :D thats all I did and got 13's.

Well, for one thing, if you don't swap out the mustangs AOD, you will most likely tear it up with the extra low end torque that the SC will give the engine.....

Plus, you'll be boosting an engine with a 9.5:1 compression ratio....:D

It should be alright though.....

For a little while.....:p

why cant everybody just swap stuff into a mustang and go ?

well theres 2 big factors....

1. having the money to do so
2. having the "know how" to do so

can't just wake up one day and say "I'm gonna go buy a mustang and swap all my sc stuff into it."

entire wire harnesses will have to go into the mustang and that's not a simple task for at least half of the members of this forum.

A front mount intercooler, 2 1/2 inch dual exhaust, lower gears, and drag radials would help you get close to that. On my friends SC a FMIC took off like 0.4 seconds and 2 1/2 dual exhaust on my car took off 0.4 seconds.

entire wire harnesses will have to go into the mustang and that's not a simple task for at least half of the members of this forum.

v6 sn95's wiring harness is the same as a 94/95 sc... you have to extend two of the sensor wires. otherwise, its a direct swap. you can even run it off the stock mustang computer with a tune. :eek:

well then, if you're lucky enough to have a 94/95 out of the 30,000 some sc's made, then the swap would be easier.

but still its alot of time, money and knowledge needed and some people just don't have it.

Judging from the original post, where does the "mustang" come into the picture here? He mentioned getting his '90 SC into the 13's.

There is several ways to do it, and the way I would recommend to keep the cost down is to go with a mild cam (regrind's are not expensive with push rods, and springs if going over a .490 lift), a 94/95 blower ported with coated rotors, a set of 42# injectors, a 70-75mm throttle body, stock MAF is fine, a DIC (front mount not required) with a fan, a descent exhaust setup but nothing extravagent and run cats.. they really do help with drone and a good set has no backflow to worry about.... port the exit of the stock exhaust manifolds though. A set of aluminum stock sized pullies though some would recommend underdrives. Get a 255lph FI fuel pump installed. Get a chip n tune.

You'll more than likely need to run slicks.

Fraser

I hit 13.9 with the mods listed in my signature...I did it all for under $4k including the cost of the car and the cost of the engine rebuild the car needed when I bought it...

I havn't broke into the 13's yet but i am pretty close. The only mods i have to my car are: ported 89 blower and plenum(by me and my brother), gtp rotors, removed air silencer, and 5% overdrive. With those mods i ran a best of 14.02@ 96.72mph. The motor in my car was an all stock rebuild by me and my brother with new rings, rod and main bearings which now has 11k on it. I think if I did the exhaust on my car i could be there but that is going to have to wait.

The only mods i have to my car are: ported 89 blower and plenum(by me and my brother), gtp rotors, removed air silencer, and 5% overdrive. With those mods i ran a best of 14.02@ 96.72mph.

now thats upsets me even more. this guy has 3 mods and ran almost a second faster than me !! i hate my super coupe !!:mad:

but anyway, i agree with fraser. maybe even some mild head porting in there. the cam is gonna be the bset bang for the buck tho. opening the valves higher and longer will really wake the motor up.

now thats upsets me even more. this guy has 3 mods and ran almost a second faster than me !! i hate my super coupe !!:mad:

but anyway, i agree with fraser. maybe even some mild head porting in there. the cam is gonna be the bset bang for the buck tho. opening the valves higher and longer will really wake the motor up.

Don't worry about that too much...There are a lot of variables that go along with quarter mile times...Temperature, track conditions, quality of the track, altitude, tires, etc...Just keep trying to make your car faster and when you meet people heads up then you can compare your car to theirs...

for those of you who think that I have a mustang. I don't. I have a 96 cougar. the N/A motor was entirely stock except for a 1995 m90 on it. the stock N/A 96 motor had 150k miles on it when I decided to supercharge it. the trans was stock. stock converter. stock 7.5 rear end (open diff). stock headers stock cats.

I mean.. literally, all I did was put a supercharger on the n/a motor and I went from running 16.50's to running 13's. Oh yes, needless to say, the motor only lasted a week:D Now I have a 1999 mustang 3.8 in the cougar. I down graded from split port 99+ to the single port (windstar) heads. now I have an mpx(clone), with a built tranny and a 2500-3000 stall coverter, FMIC and I'll be running 20lbs of boost. I figure since I ran 13's with just the m90 swap at 11psi, I should be bottom 13's or high high 12's with the new setup. wish me luck, lol. without water/meth injection, I won't be able to run 20 psi on a 9.5:1 motor unless I compensate for that by reducing the timing.. sorry if I sounded cocky or anything, Just letting you know what my setup was when I ran 13's.

Back