Am I out of line here????

Do pics of paper with username/date by items make you feel better about buying???

• Hell yea, its a must.

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Yea but I dont really care that much

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • I like getting scammed by strangers that ask for money with pics of items they dont have!!!!!

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters

BlackbirdSc94

Ok Im new here so I just want to know how things go here as I appear to have offended someone unintentionally(spelling)

I attempted to buy some parts from someone and was all set to pay and I just asked for pics with his and my username on a peice of paper next to the parts and he got upset

this is after I asked

Your price is right....I don't play games when it comes to car parts. If you want the stuff, that's cool, but the paper request thing is goofy and I'm not gonna do that.

is the paypal address. I've been selling parts here and tccoa for 10 years and 75% of the people on the boards will know me from that.

This is after I explained that I was new around here and I dont know him or anyone else around here to just put trust in their word like that

People have purchased parts from me (new and return buyers) with no issues whatsoever. I sell some of the nicest used parts you'll find on the board. You can request anything you want, but I'm not going to jump through hoops (no matter the size) to sell some parts.

Think what you want, but do us both a favor and don't PM me about parts in the future

So he'll tear down a whole motor to sell some parts but he wont write on a peice of paper

Really, was my request that outrageous. Im just going by what I have observed on every forum I have ever been to (4-5 so its not that many)

I don't really see a problem with a that.....

I've sold a lot of parts here, but never had a request like that.....:p

If the customer wants to see a picture with the user names on it to complete the sale, then so be it.....:)

I would rather sell to someone else. I would not want or like a request like that. I am not a computer type person. and it takes me forever to post pics, and it took me a while just to type this!

I would rather sell to someone else. I would not want or like a request like that. I am not a computer type person. and it takes me forever to post pics, and it took me a while just to type this!

but im sure it would take you alot longer to tear down a motor than to figure out how to post pics.

While you have the right to ask, the seller has the right to tell you to go pound sand.

It's called the free market. And no, such a picture doesn't mean jack to me.

I would probably do what the buyer asked for if I wanted to sell a part. I haven't ran into anyone yet on these boards that have scammed me. Personally if I am looking for a set of Kooks headers, for example, I would like to see a picture of them brfore paying out money, but having papers with dates and user names next to the parts isnt important to me personally

Ken

but im sure it would take you alot longer to tear down a motor than to figure out how to post pics.

was there an initial picture of this part? If not i would want to see it also. I always post a pic when i sell. but if someone asked for another angle or a specific spot i would gladly do so.but then again i do not just tear stuff down to sell. it is just the stuff i take off in order to upgrade. but if someone asked me for what you wanted i would rather sell to the next guy. if it makes you feel better then go for it.

Yea, I don't understand what his big deal is either. If that would help the sale then I'd be all over it. You probably don't want to buy from this guy anyway, doesn't deserve your money. Find someone who isn't such a craba$$

I've never heard of anyone asking for that. While I understand how that might make a new guy feel better, I could also understand how that might make someone who has built up a good rep over the years feel like you are questioning their honesty.

I'd take all the pics of the part that someone wants, but I wouldn't mess with taking pics of the part with notes or other stuff to prove I actually have the item I'm selling. I'd rather not sell to someone who doesn't trust me.

David

A LOT of the time when youre on the other end selling a part, the potential buyer never follows through. Then you have to deal with the fact that other people have the same part for cheaper than what youre asking. Sometimes you only make a couple dollars off the sale when its done. Then you get these run-around questions or whatever else .. if you have GOOD parts to sell ( like Kooks headers ) you dont have a problem selling them - but if youre asking for little odds and ends parts, it can be a hassle to go find them, take a picture, put the picture online, etc ..

Heres some tips - check the seller's profile, look through some of their posts .. check the Join date - its in the upper right hand corner of each post .. chances are if theyve been here for a few years, and have quite a few posts, we're not going to rip you off. Im not saying this is fool proof, becasue it does happen - people have got bad deals here, and lost $$ and car parts .. its not a perfect world.

Youve only been here a month or less - I would have probably told you to do the same, stop wasting my time .. but I try to be a nice guy. For some of us who sell parts and part out these cars - all of the good $$ parts go quickly, or the donor parts will be used somewhere else, etc .. after that everything youre left with is basically junk. Some of us would rather tear down a motor ( for fun ) .. than haggle with people on the internet.

- Dan

if i was asked to post a pic of a piece of paper with username etc id go to my thread and post "TTT" still for sale, thats as far as id go with that. also i wouldn't even bother to respond to your request.

I have been scammed here on SCCOA, and I have no doubt that the person who advertised actually had the part I "bought", its just that they didn't "feel like" shipping it - -or something.

I understand where the picture with name thing comes from as I've seen that done many times across the internet. However, I also feel that those who do this are speaking to an audience that flat out doesn't believe them and are being essentially called out as liars. I would take offense if someone asked me to post a paper with my name next to a part I was selling. I don't appreciate being called a liar.

There are much better (and more effective) ways to research your sellers. Since this is a comparatively small message board and community, it is pretty easy to verify a seller.

Of course verified sellars on here have scammed people as well..EVen ones we may have thought would never have done so....

Also I have been scammed and I dont see the request as being way off. Whoever it is that was selling isnt very understanding. They could have went about denying the request in a better way.

Not at all... I am a very active member on a TON of other sites and that is pretty much just something everyone knows to do when they take pictures of the stuff for sale the first time around.

actualy on a few boards it is forum rule to show username/date in the pictures or the ad will be deleted and after 3 times you are banned... He obviously doesn't care ot make a sale so ~~~~ and buy form some one else...

of course verified sellars on here have scammed people as well..even ones we may have thought would never have done so....

Also i have been scammed and i dont see the request as being way off. Whoever it is that was selling isnt very understanding. They could have went about denying the request in a better way.

even vendors ;)

I've seen this many times on other forums. I would this "Proof of ownership". On a Lexus forum anyone can be called out by a administrator for proof of the item or trustworthiness of the sell by having another (high post count) member vouch for them.

How do you know that the picture posted is of the actual part for sale and not one pulled from somewhere else? I've seen this happen in our own for sale forum.

I won't mention who or the part, but if I would have seen a picture of the actual part I would nave never purchased it.

i dont find this ridiculous at all. it should not be insulting to the seller at all. its nothing personal, but if i dont know someone on this board that well, or they cant be vouched for, i'm not taking a chance of getting burned. point in case, end of story.

I got scammed here on SCCOA with a couple of other guys. It was the guy that said he was making halo headlights for us. Sent him $550.00 dollars through paypal. When I figured out that I wasn't going to get my headlights I contacted paypal they said they would do all that they can. But their was no money in his account to draw back to give to me. I haven't forgoten about this, and it still pisses me off, that ppl can do that to another. That was my hard earned money in Iraq my first tour.:mad:

To get to the point. Even if you got a pic of ur usernames and all that it wouldn't matter. I gave IC3 (internet crime department) all the emails between me and him. His username, address, email, phone number, and even his myspace. I still haven't heard a damn thing. That was back in 06-07 time frame. I have had a lot of SUCCESS on here, but I make sure to ask around now, or look at the posts they have posted, and how long they have been a member and so forth.

I guess it depends on how badly they want to sell it. If it is an expensive hard to sell item it may be worth the trouble, I think it is an odd request that could be offensive. I am a little confused, if the parts are from Kevin I am sure about 50 people here will vouch for him. I personally shipped a converter to him before payment was made and he paid me promptly. I don't do that for many people. As David said this is a relatively small community, research the seller if you are in doubt. I find this to be one of the best groups of guys to be around for a no nonsense atmosphere. We generally all have the same interests around here and look out for each other.
Alan

I got scammed here on SCCOA with a couple of other guys. It was the guy that said he was making halo headlights for us. Sent him $550.00 dollars through paypal. When I figured out that I wasn't going to get my headlights I contacted paypal they said they would do all that they can. But their was no money in his account to draw back to give to me. I haven't forgoten about this, and it still pisses me off, that ppl can do that to another. That was my hard earned money in Iraq my first tour.:mad:

To get to the point. Even if you got a pic of ur usernames and all that it wouldn't matter. I gave IC3 (internet crime department) all the emails between me and him. His username, address, email, phone number, and even his myspace. I still haven't heard a damn thing. That was back in 06-07 time frame. I have had a lot of SUCCESS on here, but I make sure to ask around now, or look at the posts they have posted, and how long they have been a member and so forth.

I remember that guy. Dam shame. I had a sim experience with someone on another board for 300 bucks...I even found out where he lived..FBI internext crime unit...No luck//I was tempted to pay him a visit.....Live and learn

Back